AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
chris-bouffard
chris-bouffard
@chris-bouffard
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 12, 2016 10:53 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 5:28 pm
Topics: 64 / Replies: 1434
Reply
RE: leaning pipe

@thebionicman I'm in the east and I will tell you that finding a corner set by a Surveyor and extending 2' out of the ground is extremely rare.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Whats it mean to be a surveyor

Wow Nate!?ÿ When did Marvel start including Super Hero Surveyors in their collection??ÿ I'd like to invest in that animated series, was there a decode...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Typical Wages In Your Area

No matter how you look at it, you can't compare compensation across the board.?ÿ There are too many factors involved to make a general statement as to...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Trench Danger

Trench safety is no joke.?ÿ I personally witnessed a person killed in a sanitary sewer trench the day before Christmas Eve years ago. My crews have b...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Have you ever "abused your plumb bob"?

My plum bob was scarred so much from driving tacks with it that you would not have known it was shiny brass when it was given to me.?ÿ When I started ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: GLONASS, GNSS, Ukraine

@john-hamilton we functioned just fine without GNSS in the past.?ÿ Anybody completely relying on RTK work is cutting off their nose to spite their fac...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Don't play attorney

@james-vianna the disconnect we are having is that Jr. & Sr. title lines do not necessarily determine ownership and/or rights.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Don't play attorney

@james-vianna are you answering questions as to property rights??ÿ Sure, we have the knowledge of which lines were filed first and can show them on ou...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Separate parcel or leave it alone

The question begs to be asked since you are hanging your hat on traces of barbed wire, how can you be certain that the fenced line was located on the ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Don't play attorney

@murphy I have a different point of view, when it comes to determining Jr. & Sr. rights, that is not our call to make.?ÿ Our job is to document th...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Don't play attorney

@thebionicman I'm in NJ, if I need to know who owned an adjoing parcel it's as easy as looking at online state and county property tax records.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Don't play attorney

@fairbanksls I practice in a metes and bounds state as well and never use N/F references, I will make a call to adjoining lots by lot and block number...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Don't play attorney

@murphy the N/F ownership is irrelevant information, the Lot & Block/Parcel number with a deed book and page provides far more information than a ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Don't play attorney

@jph it's not a liability thing, why not just reference a Block & Lot number?

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Old song but apropos lyrics for new Solo entrepreneurs to keep in mind

Did the solo thing myself and it was great until it took off and I found myself working 12 or 18 hour days, 6 or 7 days a week for almost 5 years.?ÿ T...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Don't play attorney

@mightymoe some of the younger people do not understand what you are saying, it gets even more complicated when there are big issues with title lines ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: EIT Property Description Redline

Ask them their Land Surveyor registration number.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson linework/cogo point question

There is common confusion on this topic.?ÿ The solution to your problem depends on which CAD engine you are running.?ÿ You are not using Carlson to dr...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Where did you go to college and would you recommend it? Did anyone select interning instead of a degree?

I don't have a degree, I started surveying in 1983, almost directly out of high school.?ÿ At the time, the exam requirements included 10 years of docu...

5 years ago
Page 50 / 75