AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
chris-bouffard
chris-bouffard
@chris-bouffard
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 12, 2016 10:53 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 5:28 pm
Topics: 64 / Replies: 1434
Reply
RE: Serious things you soon-to-be geezers need to consider

Based on what I have read from the SS web site, I was under the impression that you have to sign up for Medicare 10 months before turning 62 or face t...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Caught In The Act

I was once caught set up on an aerial control point when the job was flown and again set up on a property corner when google street view was doing it'...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What obligation does another surveyor have to return your call.

The other Surveyor has no obligation to return your call but should extend the Professional courtesy of speaking with a fellow Professional.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Deed language

Very subjective but a cover all statement, comma or not. Rights-of way cover all unknown facts and longevity relating to usage and enjoyment.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Meal ticket or career?

@olemanriver I can't pretend to relate to what you did in the USMC but I know that my brother sure can. He went to basic for the USAF just a few mont...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Temporary Easements on ROS

@mike-berry over the years I have argued with many and am not ashamed to have held up the closings on a few multi million dollar transaction with outs...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Meal ticket or career?

@olemanriver nothing happens overnight but you have to find a balance between ranching and surveying that allows you study time and the time to stop o...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Temporary Easements on ROS

I don't work in a recording state so I don't really understand recording a survey, other than a subdivision plan. What blows my mind about some of th...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Meal ticket or career?

I dropped out of HS early in 11th grade and was hanging with a, let's just say, questionable crowd. I spent a few years pumping gas and delivering au...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Temporary Easements on ROS

If the construction has not been completed it is your obligation to your client to show it. If the construction is completed and accepted by the auth...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary survey - how can I find them

If you have a copy of the survey, it would be easiest to call the surveyor who did the work and ask them to come back and mark the corners up, but you...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: As-built surveys

@peter-lothian same here in NJ.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What do you do when you don't trust...

@dougie you should have told him to stomp his way out the door for good.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: KML Import&Export, Carlson Survey, NAD83 vs WGS84

I would suggest contacting Carlson Tech Support to see if you can achieve what you want to. KML files are in some form of WGS 84 but converting that ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Proper Drafting Practice

@olemanriver Stop overthinking things. Sometimes good enough is good enough. Too many people get caught up in theory and extended decimal places tha...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Good Surveying Companies to Work for Near Pittsburgh, PA

From Orlando to Pittsburgh is going to be a big transition for you if you have never lived in the Northeast. Winters can be brutal and the pace of ev...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Proper Drafting Practice

@holy-cow About as much as 1,000th of the square root of Arkansas! LOL!

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What do you do when you don't trust...

@hi-staker Good luck in your approach but you may want to consider adding a timeline for improvement. Some individuals get it and some don't, we have...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: As-built surveys

Most municipalities require us to perform as-builts of water, sewer and storm systems and they must be on 83/88 datum. We get paid for the work but w...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Disclaimers

@aliquot by "loyalty" I mean that I am working for my client and not the public at large. My "loyalty" to my client will in no way alter the findings...

3 years ago
Page 26 / 75