AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
chris-bouffard
chris-bouffard
@chris-bouffard
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 12, 2016 10:53 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 4:27 pm
Topics: 64 / Replies: 1434
Reply
RE: Carlson SurvNet v18 in Carlson Survey 2024

I've been a Carlson user since 2002, while I do not dig deep into its full capabilities, I've always considered their software and tech support outsta...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Checking the pulse of traverse closure

CR adjustments are pretty much gone these days with the variety of more modern methods and software. I can remember being trained in Trimble GPS proc...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Checking the pulse of traverse closure

If you hit the minimum closure standards on a small lot in a monumented subdivision, holding original mons, that's fine, but, if I'm doing a larger bo...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Discussions with the hardheaded

The discussion hinged on setting points in typical concrete, the photo presented appeared to be a typical sidewalk. The methods that you describe for...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Discussions with the hardheaded

He is working outdoors in the normal seasonal fluctuations and temps. He is insistent that the concrete will not move because hip point is, essential...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Discussions with the hardheaded

It was not in the way that I engaged him, it was his persistence that his way of setting points in concrete somehow stay put while the concrete moves.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: State GeoTIFF and Lidar Data

While I have not used them in years, New Jersey has aerial photos in State Plane, they were called Mr. Sidds, not sure they still are. They were free...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Discussions with the hardheaded

I had a similar project, although I was only involved in for about 6 years. We had to monitor settlement over a closed and capped land fill that a se...

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 10
Views: 1201
Reply
RE: Project Back from the Dead

Costs rise, overhead and equipment costs rise, do you expect me not to have to refresh myself after not opening the file for months or more? Where is...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Joint Tenants vs. Tenants in Common

Hire an Attorney who practices in that area and make sure your intentions relating to the will are crystal clear, documented and the will filed.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Earth Point Batch Convert

If you can convert your SPCS coordinates to WGS '84, they should drop right a Google earth overlay. Their lat/long coordinates are based on WGS '84. K...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Visualizing chain of title over time

I worked in the GIS arena in the infancy of ESRI software when I was newly licensed. I spent over a year calculating the location of every lot, road,...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Basis of Bearings, rides again.

It seems to me that the original posting is way overcomplicating the situation. The idea that the general public will grasp the basis of bearings and...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Visualizing chain of title over time

Power Point seems to be the best solution or just a simple slide show.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Pound Signs Used with Surveyors' Registration Numbers

I also very much dislike when internal emails tagging me with the @ symbol preceding my email address. Get off the new Twitter, now known as X, and f...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Pound Signs Used with Surveyors' Registration Numbers

That's the way to do it, "PLS No. 36793"

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Tired, Retired and somewhat worn out

I don't know how old you are or what effort you want to put in but is seems that drones and the data processing might be something that fits your inte...

3 years ago
Page 20 / 75