AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
chris-bouffard
chris-bouffard
@chris-bouffard
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 12, 2016 10:53 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 5:28 pm
Topics: 64 / Replies: 1434
Reply
RE: Job Numbers and Job and Data Tracking

11 different job numbers leads to storing information in 11 different locations. My approach to this is to create one job number, say, for example, 2...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Calamity Jane

I would avoid any major involvement in this situation, especially when it comes to offering any sort of advice, other than to have the two other surve...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil3d To Google Earth Label problems

Have you tried importing the KML file into your DWG on it's own layer?

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Increased solar activity

Something to look out for in the near future. The sun’s magnetic poles will flip in 2024. Here’s what that means (msn.com)

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Job Numbers and Job and Data Tracking

Each client get's their own subfolder under the master file job number with A, B, C, etc. added to the end of the job number.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Unlicensed Surveyors in Senior Positions

This is a situation that almost never works out. About 10 years after being licensed and in responsible charge I wanted to test the waters and submit...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Beginner "Land Surveying and Mapping Technology"

Aside from the state website that spells out the requirements, don't trust anything posted online about income potential and the like.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Control Bust

You are getting way ahead. The original post if from somebody that works for a construction company as a a layout person. I'm sure that grid to grou...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Beginner "Land Surveying and Mapping Technology"

My first thoughts are that you either want to be a land speculator or surveyor. Either way you go, it will take time to get a return on investment, e...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Control Bust

I'm from NJ and have not seen a contractor use batter boards in 25 years or more.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Control Bust

If the control has issues, why would anybody proceed to stake things? Engineer, Surveyor or whomever, I'm kicking that can back to my client to sort ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Control Bust

It sounds to me like you are not an LS and are doing the layout work for your employer, who is a contractor, and that is what it is. Assuming that I ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Traversing after free station

"All I can say is Check, check, check, confirm accuracy requirements, rinse and repeat." Well said.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Traversing after free station

The explanation of "that's how I was taught" doesn't help at all. You obviously have control onsite that may or may not have been previously adjusted...

3 years ago
Reply
Reply
RE: SPCS 2022 legislation updates

This seems problematic to me in a number of ways. What defines a "new" project? Many large industrial facilities work on their own "plant grid" syst...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 4 year degree requirement

I see where you are going with studying to the exam and I see that as a dangerous approach for both the candidate and the profession. My approach to ...

3 years ago
Page 21 / 75