AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
chris-bouffard
chris-bouffard
@chris-bouffard
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 12, 2016 10:53 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 3:44 pm
Topics: 64 / Replies: 1433
Reply
RE: FL/FR Observations & Error

Here in NJ, we are required to have our guns calibrated yearly and retain the certificate of calibration. Turning double faced angles, of course, is ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Recorded Subdivision - Never Conveyed

You said that the ROW was dedicated, presumably to the town. If the dedication was accepted, transfer of title for the ROW occurred at that point in ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: One Man Crews

To start, a PC is a Party Chief. to follow up, how is an individual supposed to assess a risk that he or she is not aware of? A fully stocked truck ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: One Man Crews

Glad to hear that it's not just me.

3 years ago
Reply
3 years ago
Topic
3 years ago
Replies: 27
Views: 2022
Reply
RE: How to become a surveyor in the USA from other countries

I'm just wondering, if Mass. requires you to submit examples of your work, what are they looking for? If you're not licensed, how can you show them a...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Selling old survey to another client

It's time to stop thinking about what a realtor does or what they get paid for, that's not within our control, we need to start thinking about our pri...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Selling old survey to another client

There are limited situations where I share my CAD files to anybody, unless they are current and that was part of the of the contract that I had with m...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Right-of-Entry laws

NJ right of entry law does not specify specific parcel limitations when carrying out a survey of a particular parcel. It simply states that surveyors...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Selling old survey to another client

No matter what approach that you take, you will still have to update your survey and check to see that nothing has changed before re-issuing the surve...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Tips to inspire field crew?

What the "crux" of the conversation really is revolves on where you see yourself in the future. You clearly have put in the effort to obtain your LSI...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Tips to inspire field crew?

I've been surveying for 41 years now, licensed for 31. I love what I do and the people I work with. There are close to 30 people on my staff, every ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Tips to inspire field crew?

Like you, I have worked in management positions in a hand full of different companies and have experienced the good, bad and ugly. Those experiences ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Tips to inspire field crew?

In reading your post, questions come to mind. Are you speaking of individuals only in your crew or are you concerned with multiple crews? The answer...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Checking the pulse of traverse closure

Your measurements can be down to the Knatt's anus but they are secondary to found, undisturbed, called for original monuments that are found and shoul...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson & Civil 3D

I started using ACAD back in the DOS days and still use the old school commands.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson & Civil 3D

C3D has become the industry standard CAD platform in the E & S world, so, clearly, C3D is the choice to go with for your CAD platform. Carlson co...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Client Recording Deceased Surveyors Record of Survey

Your post is a bit confusing as you say that it was a record survey that needs to filed. The signature and seal should be sufficient to get the filin...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson SurvNet v18 in Carlson Survey 2024

I've been a Carlson user since 2002, while I do not dig deep into its full capabilities, I've always considered their software and tech support outsta...

3 years ago
Page 19 / 75