AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Bruce Small
Bruce Small
@bruce-small
Free
Joined: February 6, 2011 3:35 pm
Last seen: August 1, 2026 10:06 am
Topics: 227 / Replies: 1347
Reply
RE: CAD File Request for Deadbeat Zombie Project

@lurker You just beat me to it. Absolutely tell them you were never paid $xx,xxx and while you would like to cooperate...there is the matter of the $x...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Your Marketing Success

I started "marketing" years previous by teaching survey seminars to my peers, attorneys, title companies, etc. Needed a speaker for your convention - ...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Your Marketing Success

@murphy Exactly: Under promise and over deliver gets you the referrals and that is the key to success. Marketing per se just won't do it.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Radial Bearings - PC to Radius Point or Radius Point to PC?

a. IF everyone used radial lines correctly then the concavity would not be necessary, but, since one never knows if the scrivener comprehended anythin...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Radial Bearings - PC to Radius Point or Radius Point to PC?

@matt8200 I interpret that to mean for a non-tangent curve you must show either radial lines, or (from the pc to the radius point).

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Radial Bearings - PC to Radius Point or Radius Point to PC?

Wendell, no names mentioned but you can guess which firm, three non-tangent curves in a row, all with just delta, radius, and arc, so impossible to co...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Radial Bearings - PC to Radius Point or Radius Point to PC?

Gurdon Wattles was the dean of description writers. You would do well to follow him. This is how my legal description writer does it, based upon Wattl...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Life is a tangled web

The narrative reminded me of the old gag song, "I'm my own grandpa."

1 year ago
Reply
RE: My First Scam

@holy-cow And she was very particular about how her name was pronounced.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Encroachment

In this part of the world most of the GIS lines on the aerial are off about seven feet, but I have seen them off ninety feet. The GIS people are grate...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Altered plats

My similar horror story is: Commercial plat with five lots and a strip dedicated for the wash. After I signed and sealed the plat someone altered it t...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Transitioning from employee to entrepreneur

Goodness, Greg, that blog post is full of babblespeak: "Initially, leverage subcontractors strategically." Really?

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Helpful neighbors

I was digging and probing for the rebar I knew was a foot north of the fence corner when a very helpful person told me they had moved the fence last y...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Vintage Leica GPS, you pay shipping

I bought a 500 when I started my own firm in 2000. Quickly outdated and best to put it in the nearest dumpster. I've used the 1200 since 2005, with ...

2 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: The brick method

Very accurate as the line is right over the point, and if it gets run over or stolen, there is fifty cents gone.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Thinking of starting my own business. What advice do those of you have?

@olemanriver I'm only 84 now and still going. The money is really nice and I'm putting two wonderful grandkids through college, debt free. Cassia just...

2 years ago
Page 3 / 79