AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Bruce Small
Bruce Small
@bruce-small
Free
Joined: February 6, 2011 3:35 pm
Last seen: August 1, 2026 10:06 am
Topics: 227 / Replies: 1347
Reply
RE: Preparing descriptions textbook question

Too often: THENCE on a bearing of N90°00’00”E a distance of 123.45 feet to a point; Me: THENCE East 123.45 feet;

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Preparing descriptions textbook question

@not-my-real-name And let us not forget: to a point...to a point...to a point (as Wattles pointed out, the end of a line is always a point).

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Scanned Title documents

@mightymoe What he said. It really helps to be on first-name basis with the title companies. If a scanned document is not legible our recorder will p...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Professional Services Contract?

@arkansas-90 One of the biggest in Tucson. You know a client is wonderful when they take turns walking the chief morale officer.     ...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Professional Services Contract?

World's best client I had for three decades until I retired. Usually the first I knew about a new project was when he sent a note asking if I would pl...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Why not Metric??

I never ever thought I would think in metric, but that changed when I started having urinary problems and suddenly measuring 450 ml made a lot of sens...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: Business Student asking: Why is tracking field crew costs so hard?

My more than two cents worth: My wife and I ran a very successful survey business and the first thing we did was abolish time cards and ties. Biggest ...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: the 2026 ALTA standards

@john-putnam But what happens when you don't label or list something because to your eye it is not an encroachment and it later turns out to be a sign...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: the 2026 ALTA standards

@norman-oklahoma I can't think of his name now, but the surveyor on the ALTA board always warned about a surveyor labeling an encroachment, and gave h...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: Another Find of the Day Sorta

I had an office wall covered with certificates and awards, and it took years of hard work to earn them. When we put the house up for sale out they wen...

9 months ago
Topic
Replies: 19
Views: 3086
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

I can think of two prime examples of pincushions I deliberately set, and if you saw them you would be appalled if you didn’t know the back story.La Ch...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Preparing descriptions textbook question

When I taught Legal Aspects of Land Surveying in college I used Land Survey Descriptions by Wattles. Far as I'm concerned it is THE book. I met him se...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Licensed folk - what are your Do's and Don'ts?

@peter-lothian Yup. My favorite from decades ago was the mediocre client who called on a Friday morning because they just had to have a new building s...

12 months ago
Reply
RE: Licensed folk - what are your Do's and Don'ts?

@james-vianna Disagree, strongly. I was always glad to do a survey for friends, especially for support staff in a client or title company's office, ...

12 months ago
Reply
RE: Rover rods

Not active now, but when I ran my solo operation 95% of the work was an extendable rod. Very useful, much more than a fixed rod. On the other hand, fo...

12 months ago
Reply
RE: Collection agencies

@bstrand In 25 years of a solo enterprise, about four deadbeats total. Dollar amount not too much. I try not to let it irk me.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: CAD File Request for Deadbeat Zombie Project

@hpalmer Probably 50 years ago in Florida I did a simple lot survey and sent the drawing to the title company for the closing. Closing morning the cli...

1 year ago
Page 2 / 79