AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
bow-tie-surveyor
bow-tie-surveyor
@bow-tie-surveyor
Free
Joined: October 28, 2012 3:05 pm
Topics: 124 / Replies: 697
Reply
RE: The absolute best data collector for Astro

Richard, post: 435155, member: 833 wrote: My Astro data recorder shut down after dark. Cold weather not real good for performance either.I can envisag...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: UAV insurance?

Mark Flora, post: 431443, member: 12401 wrote: Was wondering what everyone was using for UAV insurance, and how much it is costing?I have a few compan...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Building a pond in Zone A

I don't see why they have a problem with building a pond in zone A. Doesn't that increase flood storage, which is something they should want? Usually ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: What software do you use to create invoices?

I use Advanced Graphics Technology's (AGT) Info-Retriever program to create my invoices.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Drone DTM, adding TS data under canopy.

In Carlson, I would bring in the drone dim with 3D faces. Then delete tha bad 3D faces and add your TS points. Then rebuild the Carlson Surface using ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Insurance tail policy

Tommy Young, post: 423158, member: 703 wrote: So if my doctor screws something up, I can start a lawsuit against him 50 years later?My legal council a...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Curious neighbors

spledeus, post: 423207, member: 3579 wrote: That third guy was approached by neighbors asking for whom was he working... I just tell people that is co...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: FAA Airspace Request a Waiver/Airspace Authorization

leegreen, post: 423168, member: 2332 wrote: In class E airspace that is shaded purple, 700 feet to 1200 feet AGL. You are cleared to fly a drone up to...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: FAA Airspace Request a Waiver/Airspace Authorization

Lee D, post: 423140, member: 7971 wrote: If you don't already have one you should get a handheld radio that transmits and receives on the ATC frequenc...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Insurance tail policy

Chris Bouffard, post: 423112, member: 12313 wrote: The Statute of Limitations generally runs from 2 years of the discovery of the error in most states...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: FAA Airspace Request a Waiver/Airspace Authorization

I just put in a request for an authorization in Class E airspace about 5.5 miles south of a Class D towered airport. The location I am at is in line w...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Insurance tail policy

Stacy Carroll, post: 423086, member: 150 wrote: I do not know what a tail policy does for the surveyor, but I do know that it helps the insurance comp...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson Survey import elevation model using .img file

SirveyorBill, post: 422991, member: 199 wrote: Yes, got that. I mean how did he find this routine to begin with.I think somebody on this board put me ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Insurance tail policy

Chris Duncan, post: 423011, member: 7540 wrote: In Virginia, the clock on statute of limitations starts at the date of discovery of an error, not the ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson Survey import elevation model using .img file

Ladd Nelson, post: 421675, member: 307 wrote: To my knowledge, the only way to import this type of file is via the Import Cloud command found within t...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: FAA Airspace Request a Waiver/Airspace Authorization

rfc, post: 421874, member: 8882 wrote: Quite frankly, I'm not sure how anyone can get a waiver for surveying exercises in urban areas. It's virtually ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: FAA Airspace Request a Waiver/Airspace Authorization

Haven't done one yet, but I've heard like 90 days (seriously). As an alternative, you can try to phone ATC to give you the clearance directly, but the...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: My First Drone Photogrammetry Project

makerofmaps, post: 420797, member: 9079 wrote: From the federal register. I would say this makes it pretty clear.This rule will allow flight over peop...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Drone owner who got shot down and thrown out of local court now sues in federal court

I'm kind of wondering if the courts aren't buying the definition that drones are just like any other aircraft as the FAA wants. There is an ongoing ca...

10 years ago
Page 3 / 42