AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
bow-tie-surveyor
bow-tie-surveyor
@bow-tie-surveyor
Free
Joined: October 28, 2012 3:05 pm
Topics: 124 / Replies: 697
Reply
RE: How did your insurance rates change?

> > Those whose are answering this, it would help if you indicated the amount of "subsidy"> > None, in our case, unless you count the self...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: How did your insurance rates change?

> I have Blue Cross Blue Shield for myself and wife that runs $387 a month, just checked healthcare.gov and it was $817 for similar coverage.> &...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Flood Openings

> I did an elevation certificate yesterday and there were to crawlspace doors that were wood-frame with insect screening and wood lattice.> Can ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: RIght of Entry notice... and how!

Florida's Right of Entry provisions for surveyors472.029?Authorization to enter lands of third parties; conditions.—(1)?IN GENERAL.—Surveyors and mapp...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: RIght of Entry notice... and how!

Make them prove that you are trespassing...I'm not sure how often it happens in those states that don't have right of entry provisions in their state ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: RIght of Entry notice... and how!

Texans are mighty particular> as to who can come on their property. Surveyors have no rights whatever when it comes to accessing private property.S...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: RIght of Entry notice... and how!

> Thank fully we don't have such impediments in Ontario under the Surveys Act ..> > 6. (1) A surveyor or a person in the surveyor’s employ ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Occupational Employment Statistics

My area of the state of Florida says "data not available". So I guess we are running below the radar as far as surveyors goes. I do wonder who all do ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Business Management Handbook by Bill Beardslee, PLS, PE, PP

OK, I see it here A Business Management Handbook for Land Surveyors.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Business Management Handbook by Bill Beardslee, PLS, PE, PP

> ..is it worth to buy it?Where do you get it?

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Exacta again

> I don't think the OP was about "platting". It was for a boundary survey. The plat is shown to illustrate that the parcel is already a combinati...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Exacta again

So is Exacta a survey broker? Kind of like Bock and Clark except they specialize in residential mortgage surveys?

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Exacta again

Did you say a plat for $375??? Down here, you will easily blow through $375 sitting through all of the county reviews and public meetings to get the p...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Has 4 year degree helped or hurt the surveying profession?

> Two year degree in surveying is better than four in ..lets say geography.Possibly, but a good 4 year degree in a related field can be worth quite...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Has 4 year degree helped or hurt the surveying profession?

Disclosure: I am a professional surveyor with a 4 year degree (B.S. in Geomatics from the University of Florida) and my father was as well.I would say...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: NGVD 47

READING TOO FAST> I read spledeus's post too fast. > > The U.S. Coast & Geodetic Survey/National Geodetic Survey often performed regiona...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: $50,000 NOTES

So how are things going at UF nowadays?> Hey, thats Duque! i worked with him for a few years.Yes, I can confirm that is Mr. Duque. Great guy.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS RTN - MAX vs. iMAX vs. VRS

> For Reference, Check out the following Leica Geosystems - SmartNet North America - an Introduction page...> > > > -BbB B-)Yes, I saw...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: $50,000 NOTES

So how are things going at UF nowadays?Here is my Surveying Practice class picture at the monument around 1997ish. Good times...

13 years ago
Page 29 / 42