AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
bow-tie-surveyor
bow-tie-surveyor
@bow-tie-surveyor
Free
Joined: October 28, 2012 3:05 pm
Topics: 124 / Replies: 697
Reply
RE: What is a Record Survey?

> They're the reason most ALTAs in California are done for disgustingly low fees.I guess all is relative. The typical prices he was talking about w...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: What is a Record Survey?

What does the County Surveyor check?

12 years ago
Topic
Replies: 24
Views: 4220
Topic
Reply
RE: Magnetic Locator

I put my locator in my 4' lath bag along with shovel and laths.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors are grossly over committed.

"yeah, but its only an acre..."Unfortunately, the public (including real estate professionals) just don't understand how survey pricing works. Around ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: FEMA (Certificate of Elevation/LOMA) for vacant land

I don't suppose you could attach the pertinent area on the flood map? Just because the property is not immediately adjacent to the waterway, does not ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: “Yep son, we have met the enemy and he is us.”

Are ILCs really that bad?> Doesn't Florida have what's called a "mortgage survey"?> > That is exactly why I am not in favor of laws to force ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: “Yep son, we have met the enemy and he is us.”

Are ILCs really that bad?> Tennessee allows for those monstrosities. > > I won't do them. > > The public thinks lines on paper from a...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Getting Paid - Best Practices

Are construction liens really a good option?> BTS, this has worked for me on numerous occasions:> >br>> > B-)I have never done a lien b...

12 years ago
Topic
Replies: 13
Views: 998
Reply
RE: Hired help

Does having unionized survey techs help?To those of you in union states, does having the survey techs in a union help with the training, availability ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Hired help

It takes a special breed...> Please forgive my ignorance, but what is a "licensed survey tech"? IS this a state licence?A licensed survey tech is a...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Hired help

> Anyone other than me having trouble finding someone to work. I have been trying for a month to find someone to work. I hired one last week that w...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: retracements of old compass and chain surveys

> what, in your experience, has been the accuracy of compass and chain surveys from, say, 18th and 19th century?I was recently reading in Brown's (...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: iPad to replace Field Laptop

> I'm using an iPad right now.> > I think you might be happier with an Android or Windows tablet for work, a lot of websites don't work on iP...

12 years ago
Topic
Replies: 7
Views: 1024
Reply
RE: Have you ever drug a chain?

> I have. A reproduction one. 66' long, brass handle. Didn't most of the early GLO surveyors use a 2 pole Gunter's chain (only 33')? Probably a lot...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Affidavit & Title Insurance

On what grounds were the buyer and seller liable? Was the title company successful in their suit?

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Affidavit & Title Insurance

> Iowa gets along pretty well without Title Insurance.I am really starting to lose faith in those Title Commitments that these title companies put ...

12 years ago
Page 19 / 42