AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
bow-tie-surveyor
bow-tie-surveyor
@bow-tie-surveyor
Free
Joined: October 28, 2012 3:05 pm
Topics: 124 / Replies: 697
Reply
RE: Survey Affidavit & Title Insurance

This is why surveyors should get behind the Torrens Title System. The property gets surveyed and recorded, title is indefeasible (guaranteed by the go...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Adding GIS to a Website

> You can imbed a web map in a web page via Arcgis online. You can make maps with coordinates from excell overlaid on ESRI base maps. Arcgis is f...

12 years ago
Topic
Replies: 6
Views: 1064
Reply
RE: 'Long Johns'

> (Those of you in Florida....just move along)FYI, I'm in North Central Florida and am wearing "Long Johns" today. Its below freezing this morning ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: WHO ARE WE

Second generation surveyor, Educated in surveying at the University of Florida, Graduated with a BS in Geomatics at age 23, Got my Florida license at ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Can't blame this one on my Rod Girl!

Most field personnel I have had dealings with didn't have anywhere as good of fashion sense for the field as this. Personally, I like going out lookin...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Magnetic signal

How can I be a Metal Locator Jedi Master too?I wish I was able to use a metal locator like that. When I get next to a fence or junction box, I find th...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: More Local Government gone amok

Same deal up here. I have found that most counties in Florida that I have dealt with will provide you a BFE in a Zone A. I thought that it was a requi...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: US Deputy surveyor's Township/Range line analysis

> However, I have found no stones in this county with markings as typically expected for original stones. None! At least your Deputy Surveyors se...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Hipers on RTN

I ended up getting a Carlson Surveyor+ with SurvCE with my cell phone as my mobile hotspot. With that the FDOT RTN works for me about half the time de...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Bad ending to the day

Why No MarkingsI have heard that in South Florida it is not a good idea to advertise on your vehicles that you are a surveyor. Its an open invitation ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Bad ending to the day

Can you digitize the road from aerial photography to show on your survey? Also, if the guy is denying you access, is he also denying access to the own...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Electronic signature on multipage documents

How do you know what to buy?I have a digital signature through IdenTrust, but I found it difficult to figure out what to buy to get a digital signatur...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Ever had a client change your work?

> I haven't heard of a way to fake an embossed seal.Can't you just order those off the internet?

12 years ago
Topic
Replies: 6
Views: 1315
Reply
RE: Retired Survey pickup

And I thought that I had a lot of stuff in my truck. That looks like enough for 2 crews.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Instrument Men Miami FL

> We need an pair of expert level Instrument men A.S.A.P. This position is with a very well established survey firm in downtown Miami. Candidates s...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Relative Positional Precision - Why did I fail?

I don't see how you can objectively test RPP standards.In any event, the answers that you get for the 95% confidence intervals are different depending...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Relative Positional Precision - Why did I fail?

I don't see how you can objectively test RPP standards.I have noticed that this topic with the differences in approach to scaling the 95% confidence e...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Relative Positional Precision - Why did I fail?

SurvNET and StarNET do not agree?Yeah I was expecting 103 to be not so good north-south, but the rest I was figuring would be OK. Also, I notice that ...

12 years ago
Page 20 / 42