AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bob james
bob james
@bob-james
Free
Joined: August 29, 2016 7:47 pm
Last seen: November 25, 2024 2:36 pm
Topics: 18 / Replies: 60
Reply
RE: Consider selling old Geodimeter and upgrade to better robot?

Thanks. I think I am trying to examine how much 'newer' I might need to go to get into this more "modern" era? I did watch a little training vid for...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodimeter 400,500,4000,600 and Trimble 5500/5600 toolkit

Very interesting reading! I went down this road years ago and wanted to just give another thought or idea that we did here with our Geodimeter. I kn...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Consider selling old Geodimeter and upgrade to better robot?

I did want to clarify, per my notes. My machine is actually an "ATS Machine control" and is listed in an article from Spectra. Apparently was intend...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Help a green horn with a Geodimeter?

Yes sir, that is what I did and concluded.?ÿ It will adjust equally to both ends of that baseline.?ÿ I would assume if I actually had a data collector...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Help a green horn with a Geodimeter?

I am officially a moron!?ÿ I always forget that gun, because there is only one decimal, is in deg/min/sec.?ÿ After doing the conversions, when I shot ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Help a green horn with a Geodimeter?

Here is where I am guys.?ÿ I FINALLY got reasonable outdoor conditions, no wind, and using a tripod on my prism pole so I can hammer down some accurac...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Help a green horn with a Geodimeter?

Andy, I recall chatting with you on COGO, and it sounds like what I really need, but it is just not loaded on this gun and probably not worth the inve...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Help a green horn with a Geodimeter?

In the case of the 1300ft shot, what I am puzzled about is I set 2 flags on the 'established baseline' years ago with this gun, then set two posts in ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Help a green horn with a Geodimeter?

Brad, when I say "target adjustment", I just mean make adjustments with the prism pole to obtain the value that I have entered in the gun.?ÿ?ÿ Brad/E...

6 years ago
Topic
Replies: 16
Views: 1115
Topic
Reply
RE: Few more dummy questions on my old Geodimeter robot.

I shall sit down and try to digest a few things here. yes, I plan to eventually figure comms out but I don't see that as too big of a hurdle with my ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Few more dummy questions on my old Geodimeter robot.

Ah, I was hoping to elude this step but from what you are saying, one I go through P20 establishment and returned to P0, I would then enter a UDS grou...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Another silly question on station establishment as free or known station

Bill, you are right. I realized what was being presented, but it seems you either need a to build some excel calcs to work up the numbers for you, or...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Another silly question on station establishment as free or known station

Thanks for the replies and I can only assume my efforts are probably being misunderstood. I don't know of a state that will only sell a robot to a li...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Another silly question on station establishment as free or known station

Thanks Mark. I figured I would probably have to find and shoot as many points as i can locate but that gets tricky with distances and such in ag prop...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Another silly question on station establishment as free or known station

I do realize any "spotting" that I do would not be valid without a license, but that piece of paper would not dictate if someone may own and use their...

9 years ago
Page 1 / 4