AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 9, 2026 7:22 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9717
Reply
RE: Burt's Solar Compass

Too pricy for me. I've been fascinated by them for decades. If I had nothing else to do (ha) I'd get more shop tools and try making one. I recall so...

1 year ago
Forum
Topic
Forum
Replies: 7
Views: 2224
Reply
RE: Life is a tangled web

Be glad you are a surveyor and not a title examiner assigned this project.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Aspiring surveyor in my first year of classes - give me your best advice!

If you are in Ohio you might want to check out the Surveyors Historical Society event in Marietta in September. They have a reasonable student rate. Y...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Localizing to Find Boundary Corners

My handheld GPS / phone says so. /s

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Localizing to Find Boundary Corners

If you are using only two points, be sure they span the majority of the project length, so that slight errors are not leveraged into big ones.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Demarcating Control Points

In the US, rebar is probably not the best choice for control points because it is so widely used for property corners. In our city the Streets departm...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: My First Scam

I once met a guy living in the same city with all three names identical to mine except that he was William and I'm not. At work there was a Beatrice w...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: My First Scam

I just now read a post elsewhere from an acquaintance, saying he was scammed by a cloned web site. He tried to buy something from a site that looked i...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Least Squares adjustments method traversing by total station

Be sure that you have defined what coordinate system you are working in. GNSS will be converted to some projection which has a scale factor and may be...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Least Squares adjustments method traversing by total station

When using Least Squares you can add any reasonably accurate measurement you have, along with its probable error. You are not limited to a traverse. ...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: GNSS Accuracy

Are these marks whose published lat-lon data was found with GNSS? Did you get the data from the DOT or elsewhere? I'm thinking of the NGS data sheet...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: For Auction - Surveying: Theory and Practice by Davis, Foote & Kelly

That's the book I kept by the bedside for years. Can't find a better one on how surveying was done at the time.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: For Auction - "Barbs, Prongs, Points, Prickers & Stickers by Robert T. Clifton

We used to have as a forum participant the late Joseph "Jobo" Glidden, whose great grandfather (?) patented one of the common barbed wire designs. I'm...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: New feature: Push Notifications for Private Messages

I suppose some might appreciate it. It seems like push opens a can of worms. I'm a luddite, still searching Windows for the button that says "Looks ...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Only the oldtimers here will recognize the tie to a certain Arkansawyer

I don't remember that subject coming up, but there haven't been very many from Arkansas.. If not him, then DDSM?

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Half chains and full chains in GLO surveys

@monte-king I'll study your examples. @dpuffett Hey Don - Good to see you around here. Still surveying? I've been collecting the available inform...

1 year ago
Topic
Page 6 / 501