AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 5, 2026 9:37 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9717
Reply
RE: maps @ Microsoft

GE will take the coordinates in either decimal degrees or dms. I had read them out of the handheld unit as ddd.ddddd which is its most precise format...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: maps @ Microsoft

I had approximate waypoints marked in Google Earth. When I display the properties, they are in deg min sec.decimals and I edited their values to the ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: maps @ Microsoft

How good are the coordinates on Bing? I see lots of places on Google Earth where their registration is off by orders of magnitude more than the resol...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Recommending other surveyors

In some states, any payment for referrals violates the BOR ethics rules.

16 years ago
Reply
RE: What is the world coming to?????

They must have had a visit from OSHA.

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Officially a GIS Tech I as of Monday coming

For those who don't know the terminology, Wikipedia provides a description of Positive Train Control.It still isn't clear to me why the GPS records of...

16 years ago
Reply
16 years ago
Reply
RE: If the RTK Antennae is set on top of a tall fencepost

But I'm still not sure of the answer to my question, does the transformation assume vertical or does it allow for a tilt angle?

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Another Ethics Question

>untaxed by the countyDo they show it as unclaimed? Or don't show that it exists?The ethics issue would be whether you are using information not a...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: If the RTK Antennae is set on top of a tall fencepost

>process from the APC rather than the antenna reference point (ARP)I would expect the processor to use the vertical difference between these, but n...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: If the RTK Antennae is set on top of a tall fencepost

0.5 ft * sin(10 deg) = 0.087 ft sideways0.5 ft * [1- cos(10 deg)] < 0.001 ft vertical

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Price this...

Do any of you include reference marks for the two points, so as to be able to show they have or have not been disturbed in the future, or replace them...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: The other board

The Susan incident was some spammer who signed up and sent that to every member before getting booted off.Edit: I see several of us replied redundantl...

16 years ago
Page 498 / 501