AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 5, 2026 9:37 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9717
Reply
RE: Surveyors Hill

Any ideas what the nails were used for?

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodetic to Astronomic Latitude?

I found a tutorial on astronomic vs geodetic measurements. It looks like I may have subtracted when I should have added? That would make him further...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Straddling the tripod legs

Web link to pictureThose who don't have the paper copy at hand can go to this link and advance to page 15.

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodetic to Astronomic Latitude?

Captain Lee's MonumentWe should have asked why the observations were made on the east side. The terrain shouldn't have prevented star sights from som...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodetic to Astronomic Latitude?

Where Are His Calculations?I don't have his calculations. I was not questioning whether he was "close enough", but rather "how close" and how to dete...

16 years ago
Topic
Replies: 9
Views: 702
Reply
RE: Typical woodlot blaze line vs. the record line .

Would the parties go for a compromise where the straight line is held between the end monuments, but it is agreed that no damages will be sought for t...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Initial Point for 5th PM Surveys in Minnesota & the Dakotas

Initial Point Ceremony (pictures)Rich is probably on his way to Chattanooga, so I'll post a few pictures that he can supplement later if he likes.It w...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: A Visit to the CBL.

I don't find MORRIS in the current NGS list, possibly because of the traffic safety issue.Google found a history listing that includes it.I'd throw ou...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Initial Point for 5th PM Surveys in Minnesota & the Dakotas

Event reminder for anyone around - TTTThought this ought to go To The Top with the event coming in a few days.It's looking like a good chance I will m...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Metro-North Trains...

You are working for the RR but aren't in communication with their controllers? I'd have expected they would tell you when to be on and off the tracks...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: What am I missing?

Looks to me like he intended to sell only tract 1, but also very clumsily said that both he and the buyer of tract 1 could use the road.

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Term for fast entry of quadrant bearings

Fast entry of quadrant bearingsI would think keeping it unambiguous would be the higher priority. No use making it faster if it is confusing enough t...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Note on plat

Note on plat--COME TAKE YOUR WHIPPIN !!!He didn't indicate there was any discrepancy between the monuments and occupation. Just between those and the...

16 years ago
Page 496 / 501