AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 5, 2026 9:37 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9717
Reply
RE: Agressive rural water companies

Not only might you need a backflow preventer, the local jurisdiction could require an annual inspection by someone with the training and continuing ed...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: The mis-identification goes both ways

I've even gotten the "I don't want to be in your movie" while playing with my brass transit.

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Status of roads dedicated to the public (Oregon)

This line of thinking makes me wonder why plats for new developments don't usually show the lot lines meeting each other in the middle of the street, ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: How long are the distances you measure by EDMI?

Your method of just taping out distances over one cycle is better IF your centering and taping are sufficiently accurate, which with care should be no...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Deadwood BM 6443

I forget where I saw this picture.

16 years ago
Reply
RE: How long are the distances you measure by EDMI?

For the instrument I tested this with, I did find error at d=4 cycles (only 40 meters not 100) and the largest error was at x=15, 20, 25, and 30 (alte...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: How long are the distances you measure by EDMI?

>sites for EDMI calibration baselines ought to be much easier to find for a maximum interval of 800 ft. than for 1000mBut a longer distance is desi...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: EDM Baseline results - Help

A tribrach could be out of adjustment that much, especially if the tripod was set up tall, but you did check its alignment before going to the range, ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Custer Meridian - 1898

Interesting search. Wish I could have been there.But I'm confused on the numbers. Isn't 1.2 seconds of longitude in that area about 25 meters, not fe...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Initial Point for 5th PM Surveys in Minnesota & the Dakotas

Initial Point Minnesota - Media coverageToday's Cedar Rapids Gazette carried essentially this story found on a related site. A reasonably accurate st...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Mortgage Loan Inspections / Surveys / Certificates

>"I have done 200 of these in as little as 2 weeks, pocketing $4,200.) And, that was working a few hours a day."Hmmm, that's $21 each after buying ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Early USC&GS Bench Marks

A 3 is NGS data sheet no0006D 3 is NGS data sheet no0033I see you reported recoveries in 1997. It might be worthwhile submitting another report givin...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: For Reeeeeeaalllyyy long shots, you need this...

For Reeeeeeaalllyyy long shots, you need this...An interestiAn interesting observation is that if you had this prism, your EDM range would not be grea...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: For Reeeeeeaalllyyy long shots, you need this...

Holy 8-ft Retro-reflecting Prism, Batman!211113 not 21113

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodetic to Astronomic Latitude?

Thanks for the help. I have gone through comparing geoid heights and come to the same conclusion. That means Lee was at (today's) astronomic latitude...

16 years ago
Page 495 / 501