AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 4, 2026 6:52 am
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9715
Reply
RE: optial plummet for tribrach

Is there a way to rig an external battery, since it seems somewhat likely the laser LED is still ok?

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Interviewing

Interviewing>Kent M.Just like a "professional educator" to mis-identify the parameters. I pick jelly beans for flavor, not color. If they want to...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Local Access TV interview

Be prepared for the editor to shorten the interview a lot, picking sound bites out of context, and really confuse listeners.I doesn't always happen, b...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Changing Technology in Surveying

The evolution from compass, solar compass, transit, to theodolite were all improvements that had very little effect in how surveyors operated, only on...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Elevation Certificate - Benchmark ties

The NGS data sheets still list NGVD29 elevations under Superseded Control for those marks that had them. These should still be the same numbers that ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Credit Check for License

I think credit ratings should be used ONLY for decisions on issuing more credit, if the credit-issuing business wants to use them, and aren't necessar...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: What is this? (Google Earth)

tooo easy.....I'd think there would be roads visible for access to a silo. Lots of access required for construction and maintenance.There's a decommi...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Magic Jack

Why do people continue to use FAX instead of emailing a scanned PDF ? There must be some advantage, but I don't know what it is.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: What is this? (Google Earth)

tooo easy.....If that's the case, it would be a lot more effective to just blur out a smaller region instead of putting a big red flag on it.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Contract Verbiage

>documents are a “WORK MADE FOR HIRE” and the OWNERSHIP OF A COPYRIGHT, IF AVAILABLE, VESTS IN THE PROFESSIONAL.Did you leave out a NOT ? I'd sugg...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: 1853 or 1854?

When did he file them? Could he have slipped up and wrote the date he was drafting the filing paperwork instead of the date of survey for 103? Or wa...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Obtaining "Absolute Ownership" of your Property.

s thaTitle off-earth?:'( The fine print acknowledges that it is just a novelty of no real significance.There's probably a UN treaty against ownership ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Sheboygan, MN ALTA Opportunity

Pretty strange location information. I don't find a Sheboygan, MN in a quick search and the text at the link says it is in Sheboygan, Wisconsin.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Old 1800's surveys . . . I'll start here

John, I don't see an email address in your post nor a link after your name showing you've supplied one for Surveyor Connect to pass mail to you.I have...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: POLL...EDMI corrections

Check the manual for the instrument. My old Topcon manual gives charts and equations for Temperature and Pressure. The precise adjustment may depend ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Obtaining "Absolute Ownership" of your Property.

Just curious...I don't see any way another country or the Pope now has any claim on the US land directly. The national debt might lead to them owning...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Obtaining "Absolute Ownership" of your Property.

This nonsense does make one philosophize about what it DOES mean to own real property. At root, you own what you and your society can defend.I think,...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Hiking Enchanted Rock in Texas

The NGS data sheethas a 2006 recovery noting the missing disks and remaining stems.One of the few really good Power Squadron reports I've seen, by the...

14 years ago
Page 441 / 501