Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 30, 2026 1:43 pm
I think the only thing that limits convergence angle change is the east-west extent of your projection zone, with little dependence on the type of pro...
OOne solution to confusion over scaling grid coordinates to ground is to subtract off a bunch of most significant digits that won't change over the re...
If you mean how long was it New Year Day someplace on earth, the the answer is 48 hours.
>I call hyperboleI posted a similar thought, then reconsidered and deleted it. In prolonging a nearly straight line for 6 miles with proper attent...
Sounds like a typical set of neighbors who need to have something to fight over. The article says they had it surveyed and the guy agreed to move the...
>1:1700If that was all angle error, it would be 2 minutes. Can you read the compass that accurately, or was it just bad luck (offsetting errors) t...
Can you say E 1/4 of the SW 1/4 of the SW 1/4 and so forth?
>GPS, mapping, topographic surveys, construction stakeout and as builts are nothing more than mechanically repetitive mathematic exercises.I don't ...
Odd Calls, Some Items To Consider> a 1, 5 or 10 minute transit.In 1825 ??I like the idea that some bearings were copied and others measured.I'd fir...
>1 Land surveyors are asked to use their professional license to sign and seal work that is currently outside the legal definition of land surveyin...