Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 30, 2026 5:43 pm
Nothing like a digital level. It doesn't read the codes on a bar-code rod like a digital level. But it can be a reasonable substitute for a plain old ...
BumpThe annual bump. I saw that John posted, and remembered this thread.
GPS receivers fall into 3 broad categories. Recreational grade and car units will not come close to your spec. Resource mapping grade in in that gen...
BTWHis Bovineness is in SE Kansas. But the story could be in any small town anywhere. It reminds me very much of the hometown paper in Iowa a few de...
"She had it surveyed."Did you ask by whom?
A failing capacitor, depending on what its purpose in the circuit, could cause such symptoms, but the capacitor itself is very unlikely to be making t...
When does the novel come out?When does the novel come out?If you hurry, you might get it published before Survey Noir, a project by another forum post...
The phrase to search for law is "treasure trove."It may vary by location. At one time the finder had a pretty good claim in most places, but the tren...
Lawyer: Did you do any work on the site?Surveyor: Yes.L: Then we're suing you along with everybody else for the death of the worker. Did you notice ...
Put Some Lots Together[sarcasm]I'm sorry sir, we can't sell you a burger unless you also buy the fries and drink.[/sarcasm]
I'd be interested to see a graph of your data that was posted on the [msg=293780]other thread[/msg], with the sine function subtracted.It would seem t...
True, but I was hoping the picture would inspire some other ideas. (And I needed something to occupy me until I felt like going back to sleep.)
You may be onto something, but I can't see the specific mechanism of such an error.I don't know if this will help, but here's a graph of the number of...
I disagree that it is like ambulance chasing when there has already been a business contact about the job.The card with condolence and polite referenc...
So was there a surveyor involved, or is it all GIS?I don't think there is a WGS84 version of state plane, so I'd interpret the results as NAD83. Whic...
Thank you 😀
How critical are the corners - a pasture in the boondocks or high-priced commercial land?Localizing on four points could introduce some weird distorti...