AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 10:08 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9713
Reply
RE: "COORDINATES" Versus "coordinates"

>it would not be correct to say that +/-2cm GPS technology is even close to as good.From the discussions here, not everyone achieves 2 mm accuracy ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: "COORDINATES" Versus "coordinates"

The priority of calls has not kept up with technology.A lot of measurements were made in times past with compass and chain. So what people became use...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Dignity of Calls - Coordinates

>creating some fairly major physical encroachments Existing monument, no evidence of disturbance, and RELIANCE! Whether it's coordinates or distan...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Hydrants as monuments patent

I find it amusing that a) their patent documents (see links on their site) show the bolts or other features marked "WGS-84." Do they plan to move the...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: 210 by 210 is an acre, right?

If "road north" was the basis of bearings, I'm wondering how they ended up with something closer to true west, etc. for the other sides. Why wasn't t...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Hydrants as monuments patent

And it isn't even April Fools Day for 5 more days!I think we know how notorious hydrants are. Someone needs to ask the company if they have any stabi...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: How to use LaPlace without understanding what it is!

:good: I have shared the frustration with trying to understand the words on this and other things that can be much clearer as formulas.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Set up of GPS receiver on tripod

>UHF antenna extending above the GNSS antenna. You should avoid this, unless you can place the UHF antenna directly to the north of the GNSS antenn...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor created gap...Now what?

That's where his data collector said the corner was. He didn't need any other evidence, I guess. So you have a 14 ft pincushion.A key question would...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Alexis Universal GPS Grid Maps

I hope it's better than the DeLorme atlas of the state of Iowa that I got in 1998. Their GPS grid had strange increments, for instance latitude grids...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Monument Expedition

>Interesting that the 1948 crew didn't stamp this as a reset mark.A horizontal control disk would not be stamped RESET, but it would be typical to ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: I know PI day was Saturday, but ....

I like the counselor being a division sign and the family picture on the desk being an equal sign.There's a tee shirt I've seen that shows 'i' saying ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Be careful what you call it

They should have had to pay treble damages for any actual harm that was proven, and no more.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Determining Total Station Distance Standard Errors, Part 3

If you are plotting graphs in Excel, be sure to select XY scatter plot. The other types assume equal spacing on the X axis.It looks to me like you ar...

12 years ago
Page 380 / 501