AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 10:08 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9713
Reply
RE: Area of the parcels in question

Bigger difference. I get 0.06500459 acre = 2831.6 sq feet.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Facepalm of the day

If they said 30 feet, I'd laugh and explain it to them. When they said 300 feet, I might have started wondering about a typo. I've never seen my Gar...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Determining Total Station Distance Standard Errors, Part II

What I said was "Standard errors are 1-sigma, not 95% confidence." I had interpreted a previous comment to say that you intended to put a 95% number ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Pi day is coming

:good: My wife's workplace celebrates it because of a math major who used to work there. I think it's a bunch of nonsense just exactly because of the...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Building Core Location Checking

You might want to search this site for discussions with Scott Zelenak about techniques used at the WTC.See also [msg=162066]this thread[/msg].It's a s...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Steel Tape Correction Assumptions

Temperature correction is almost universally 6.45 x 10^-6 per degree F, which means that 15 F change in temperature makes about 0.01 ft in 100.One mus...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: making your own monuments

[msg=189359]Old thread[/msg]

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Steel Tape Correction Assumptions

As I read the old textbooks, the tape was originally calibrated with some standard (non-zero) tension even when the tape is supported on a flat surfac...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Determining Total Station Distance Standard Errors

Standard errors are 1-sigma, not 95% confidence.Offsets are not a repeatability problem - it will be systematic in every measurement.The AB+BC-AC test...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Determining Total Station Distance Standard Errors

Distance error consists of several parts. You can check for offset error with the AB+BC-AC method. You can't check scale factor without a (fairly lo...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Reversionary Rights Question

>exception of the rights of the state in maintaining the towerThat sounds like just acknowledging an easement while selling all rights in the prope...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Datasheet Error Note

Check what characters are allowed in the descriptive text. I've had reports rejected for that, although it's been a while and the message was differe...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: How to tell if a prism pole vial is 8' or 40'

I'd set my tribrach on a 2x4 or other fairly stiff item and level it. Then use shims to raise one end of the 2x4 until the bubble moves the required ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Permanent Monuments Help!?

Kent has a pointWe've heard some horror stories about fire hydrants. They are quite unstable vertically, perhaps slightly so horizontally, and do som...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Metal Detectors?

There's a search box in the upper right corner just under the facebook, etc., icons. You can find lots of previous threads.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Permanent Monuments Help!?

If you abut a monument to the sidewalk, then next time somebody rips out the sidewalk for utility work, handicap access ramp, or whatever, they will t...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: 2015 Polaris Ephemerii problem

Excel DDMMSS to Decimal DD.xxxxxx>1/1/2015 at 1600 hrs. I get 48' and change in Wahl's sheet, but 39' in MICA.I tried SPADE, another (old) DOS prog...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: State Plane Coords

State Plane Coordinates were invented in the 1930's when good practice was to use a tape and transit, and they've been mentioned in textbooks for deca...

12 years ago
Page 381 / 501