AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 10:08 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9713
Reply
RE: Feet from north line & feet from west line

That seems like a reasonable response if the client is a cautious person. They have enough information to go look at the site or find it on a GIS. T...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: March 2015 Photo - Time to Pick

In the backstretch numbers 2, 4, and 10 are running almost neck and neck with several on their heels ... and as they go into the clubhouse turn, numb...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS Control

What was the question?I think you swapped a couple digits. Is it 1022 or 1202?Are your numbers the mark-to-mark 3-D distance, the horizontal distance...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: March 2015 Photo - Time to Pick

10. The rarity of the situation makes up for the hazy quality of the photo.I liked several of the others. My second choice was 6, the surveyor on th...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: How do I know where the edge of my property starts?

Careful there. The newcomer may not recognize the [sarcasm]sarcasm font[/sarcasm].GIS is the cause of much confustion, because it is quite often off ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Alabama GLO Class

I was sorry I was unable to go to the Surveyors Historical Society event last year, and so missed the chance to look for Ellicott mounds.I wonder if M...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: How do I know where the edge of my property starts?

Get quotes from 3 surveyors who routinely work in your area. Give them copies of the deed and any other official documents. And the sketch, which do...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: LSA treatment of multiple Polaris Shots

If it is truly random error, you are better off with more measurements.If some systematic error dominates, then doing it under different conditions, e...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Unlicensed Surveyor--Reloaded 🙂

As you can see from those discussions, the answer may vary by jurisdiction, and there is a wide range of opinion even within a jurisdiction.In the end...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: "Phase ambiguity" puzzle

Still need a solution methodIt depends on your definition of the integer. Mine are the integer number of 2-meter "cycle" distances, not the (even) nu...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: "Phase ambiguity" puzzle

Still need a solution methodI'm still waiting for a hi-brow solution method.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Juno accuracy?

I'm not a professional surveyor or archaeologist. Just an wise-a$$ amateur who knows how his Garmin behaves and has read the Juno specs. My status o...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Juno accuracy?

More of the storyI asked the guy in charge about getting another reading on our location, but he didn't really do a comparison to the other one. I go...

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 9
Views: 2055
Reply
RE: What makes something a boundary survey?

YMMV in various jurisdictions.My own view is that determining where the corners are is land surveying. If a licensed surveyor has determined that the...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: "Phase ambiguity" puzzle

T= North 636.0000, East 342.0006Integer and distances from T:a = 6 12.881b = 8 17.054c = 7 14.384d = 6 13.791e = 7 14.944f = 5 10.86...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: How to calculate station and offset on a curve

This isn't exactly what you're looking for, but might be useful. It calculates the curve formulas from any reasonable combination of parameters.There...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: "Phase ambiguity" puzzle

No nice solution occurs to me, so I brute forced it. I plotted the points on paper and drew circles of the various radii, e.g., for A I plotted 10.88...

12 years ago
Page 379 / 501