AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 4:58 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9713
Reply
RE: Geometry/Math Problem

In MathTeacher's picture, the locus of rotation points that would make the lines co-linear is a line through points A and B. Using any rotation point...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Geometry/Math Problem

Bill93, post: 329214, member: 87 wrote: If the goal were only to rotate one line to become co-linear with the other, I think there is a continuous loc...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Geometry/Math Problem

And the original post had had a goal of finding the best-fit rotation point. That seemed to be more important to him than finding the final position ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Need to sell- Trimble 4000 SST set up.

Is that absolutely everything I'd need to run Opus sessions, except a tripod and a computer? How is the data transferred?

11 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Geometry/Math Problem

If the goal were only to rotate one line to become co-linear with the other, I think there is a continuous locus of pivot points available, not just y...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Geometry/Math Problem

Your two pivot points will make the lines co-linear, but only pivot A will make their endpoints near coincident, which I understood was the goal. Furt...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: UTM BUT NO LOCAL CONTROL

Isn't there a Canadian equivalent to OPUS? You say you were given UTM values. How were those determined? A "calibration" means you tell the machine w...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Geometry/Math Problem

MLSchumann, post: 328962, member: 471 wrote: Bill93, in a following post, also implies a transformation. I restricted it to a rotation and a transla...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Geometry/Math Problem

Or was that 0.134 difference, so moved points 0.067 outside? I blundered somewhere, not sure which.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Geometry/Math Problem

After thinking about it for a while, I realized that the least squares solution would be to put the moved point on a straight line with 3 and 14. Sin...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Geometry/Math Problem

I don't think you are going to find an exact solution unless the lengths of the lines are some magic relative values that work with the difference in ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Looking for distaline-peanut prismt

J. Holt, post: 328635, member: 84 wrote: Expensive little thing... At that price, somebody should set up shop to make those. Hey Dave Ingram!

11 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Zenith Angles

The compensation adjustment should be done to get the direct and reverse zenith angle readings in ONE setup to ONE target to add up to 360. If it is ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Leaves of Three‰Û?

Things certainly take time.Patent publication date Jul 16, 2013Filing date Apr 3, 2009Invention Priority date Apr 3, 2008 and who knows if and when it...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Parol Testimony

imaudigger, post: 328261, member: 7286 wrote: what color shirt they were wearing I don't have a good memory for what I consider trivial. I can't te...

11 years ago
Page 367 / 501