AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 12:00 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9713
Reply
RE: Land Surveying and Real Estate

Holy Cow should chime in on this, since I think he has both licenses.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Where is the R-O-W Point?

J. Penry, post: 331704, member: 321 wrote: the consensus here seem to be placing monuments at A and C, but not at B. :good: That fits my intuition. B...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Creativity in Surveying

Jim Frame, post: 331641, member: 10 wrote: A programmer will spend an hour automating a 5-minute task that he may only need to perform once

11 years ago
Reply
RE: I Need a Little Non-Survey Advice

imaudigger, post: 331598, member: 7286 wrote: have the insurance company write the check in your name and use SOME of the money to fix the truck to t...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Observation and GEOID12B vs NGS Datasheet

GeeOddMike, post: 331548, member: 677 wrote: Your picture of the monument shows it has been damaged with the left side showing significant damage and ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Observation and GEOID12B vs NGS Datasheet

GeeOddMike, post: 331473, member: 677 wrote: A search for projects associated with this PID results in only the original level project: L1817. Where ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: 7.60-acre Section

I'm reminded of the quote from a surveyor working along the Iowa-Minnesota border with a similar situation. "The section was only about two or three c...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Starnet Help

The manual says you can hold a bearing fixed with:B sta1-sta2 76-54-32 ! I wish I knew how they do that. I need to study constraints in LS again so I...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Saving cash tricks

Holy Cow, post: 330486, member: 50 wrote: The fastest way to slow yourself down with the smaller items that can really add up is to spend cash. [cur...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Saving cash tricks

There's always Quicken. But an evening with a spreadsheet, analyzing your income, checkbook, and credit card statements should paint an outline for y...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveys for Real Estate Closings

Jim in AZ, post: 330379, member: 249 wrote: Isn't that strange? But they don't mind handing over 3.5% to a Realtor? Never understood it... If it wer...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Ring Ring!

Bow Tie Surveyor, post: 330310, member: 6939 wrote: what do the permanent monuments look like? Anybody who has paid attention for even a few years k...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: FEMA AE floodline

It would seem that the surveyor's duty is to let the client know both the legal line and physical contour, so they can consider both factors to make a...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Interesting Maps on how we cuss in America

The societal and age groups we belong to probably have more influence than the geography. I would not expect data from Twitter to match what was hear...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: I switched to wooden number 2 pencils and it changed my life!

Wolf & Ghilani 2006 is still preaching the old messages, at least a 3H pencil ... ink may smear ... no erasures permitted. ----The edit timeout i...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: I switched to wooden number 2 pencils and it changed my life!

Dave Karoly, post: 329851, member: 94 wrote: I erase. I think the old prohibition is a surveyor's old wive's tale. I had "No erasures in the lab boo...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: I switched to wooden number 2 pencils and it changed my life!

No 2 or HB pencils are great to have laying around the office, but if I carry them I usually break the point. That's why a mechanical pencil is handi...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Geometry/Math Problem

Question: which are correct, the bearings or the coordinates? I used the coordinates, as I think most other replies did. Note that one of the given ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor X

wrote: " two tenths." I'm pretty sure the guy would ignore any complaint or further information you directed to him. You know your board better than...

11 years ago
Page 366 / 501