AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 9, 2026 7:22 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9717
Reply
RE: Big tripod

The key feature of the Bilby tower was that it was two concentric tripods, with the instrument mounted on the inner one while the crew moved around on...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: New member looking for help with vintage transit

Shooting from the hip without proper study of your pictures. Four screws near the eyepiece end could be holding the frame of the reticle (cross hair...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: USA Boards of Registration

I don't know if there are still any PE licensees active who this applied to, but there were PEs who were grandfathered in as allowed to do boundary su...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: FREE Total Stations & GPS Receivers

I'd probably pay for shipping the best Topcon of the bunch if it is likely to work. What is included?

3 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Client Recording Deceased Surveyors Record of Survey

By notarization do they mean the suveyor's seal and signature? That should have been current at that time but logically there should be no requirement...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Connecticut Benchmakrs

Lat-lon is neither metric nor imperial.<div> NGS does all dustances in metric. They provide conversions to feet as a convenience to users who ar...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Cheap Trimble GPS

I have used the Trimble 4000sse or ssi and corrected the date either by text editor (watch the spacing!) or by telling TEQC with the correct -week ###...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Calamity Jane

>"Since a survey must be recorded and it must be reviewed before being recorded" It is possible, to the chagrin of the county employees, for a stat...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Increased solar activity

I don't pay much attention to predictions of northern lights any more because in the 1990's I saw the show of a lifetime. In eastern Iowa about 42.15 ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Control Bust

More exactly, the number is 34.4 mm = 0.113 ft, not 0.1 ft. If you use a non Leica prism and tell the instrument it is a similar Leica, the difference...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Wanted: ORIGINAL SURVEYING INSTRUCTIONS FOR IOWA

I saw it listed on the Society of Land Surveyors of Iowa web site for $100. Not sure it is currently available, but you need to try there if you haven...

3 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Let's Talk Prisms

I'm late to this party, but I'll offer this little writeup that I did a while back, trying to understand prisms.

3 years ago
Page 11 / 501