AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 9, 2026 7:22 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9717
Reply
RE: Prism constant for Nikon?

Next silly question about the Nikon. It has options for Curvature and Refraction of OFF, 0.132, and 0.200 but I can't relate those numbers to any valu...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Monumenting Lines With Jogs

My wife's family land is a mess in that the legal parcels do not line up with the creek, road, and usage, among other problems. She and her brother d...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: US Survey Foot or International Foot

The type of foot is as much part of the definition of a projection as the false northing and easting. If your SPC or LDP was defined with US Survey fe...

2 years ago
Topic
Replies: 4
Views: 1633
Reply
RE: Total Station Precision

People often forget how much averaging it takes to get angles accurate to the instrument spec. The definition isn't intuitive.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Total Station Precision

What are your state's accuracy standards? The 0.01 ft is most likely a requirement for resoluttion expressed on a plat, but the accuracy spec will be ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Prism constant for Nikon?

Moe - that's pretty much what I did, using two "known" points. Lurker - I don't suppose there is any way to get past the "Tilt Telescope" message with...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Prism constant for Nikon?

Thanks. Your reply reduced the amount of checking and thinking I have to do. I suppose, though, I should some day go through the process to measure th...

2 years ago
Topic
Replies: 13
Views: 3981
Reply
RE: Railroad Curve-101

The link I put in this thread seems to work.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Title lines versus ownership lines

The Old NW corner was marked by Sullivan about 1816 at 100 miles north of the mouth of the Kansas River and a line run east to define an area accordi...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Title lines versus ownership lines

@Norm <div>Do you count the Old Northwest Corner of Missouri? It is, admittedly, a remonumentation of the 1816 point, but was declared by the US...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Title lines versus ownership lines

In my hometown county, I would love to examine the old field books from the 1920's and 30's when roads were being regraded and graveled. In the 1980'...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: East is east and west is west

I grew up in PLSSia with local directions being automatic, no need to think about it. Same is true now in the small city I now live in. But somehow th...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: convert from HARN

>"I think I understand that HARN is “very close” to SPC, so I thought I’d shoot it in SPC and convert in post." HARN is an old datum. SPC is a proj...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Big tripod

I once recovered a triangulation station out in a field by some fairly long measurements from reference marks. When I looked at my pictures later I re...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Big tripod

At the dedication.ceremony there was a Mr. Jones who worked on the crews back when they were still moving towers around for triangulation. I think tha...

2 years ago
Page 10 / 501