AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill68
bill68
@bill68
Free
Joined: October 22, 2015 3:49 pm
Topics: 1 / Replies: 39
Reply
RE: Creating .wpt or .ssf files

I believe you can import a shapefile, if you have some way of converting those points.?ÿ?ÿ

7 years ago
Reply
RE: DJI Phantom 4RTK

@surveyorjosh About six months ago I purchased a Phantom 4 RTK.  Being dual frequency it is more reliable, and is easier to operate than the Pha...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Blast from the Past GPS

Around 1989 at the University of Maine we were using early Trimble units powered by car batteries.?ÿ We had to go out around midnight to observe enoug...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: DJI Phantom 4RTK

I've just been post processing and recording at 5Hz.?ÿ I don't see much advantage to maintaining a real time connection.?ÿ Just something else to go w...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: DJI Phantom 4RTK

No, but I'm experimenting with an Emlid Reach M+ GNSS mounted on the Phantom 4 using a device made by Tuffwing.?ÿ I'm using my own Trimble base and pr...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Tree blazes and hacks

I'm not sure this is in any book I own, but it's what my father taught me, and what we've been doing in Maine for 45 years. If line hits tree place an...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Career switch to land surveying

My biggest financial mistake 30 years ago was changing my degree from electrical engineering to surveying engineering.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Accrual or Cash

If you like paying taxes on invoices that have not been paid go with accrual.?ÿ My lousy?ÿ accountant set my s-corp up as accrual in 1997 and I've had...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Tree Canopy Survey Ideas

If accuracy isn't critical just use a simple Biltmore stick.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Actual Degree in Surveying

1991 B.S. Surveying Engineering, University of Maine

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Grrrrrrr...

I always kick a little dirt over my control points.?ÿ Everyone confuses them for property lines or corners, so it's best just to hide them from sight,...

8 years ago
Reply
Reply
RE: PA Survey Dilemma

I'd cut into those blazes and count the rings.?ÿ If you can count 44 rings that would be good evidence they were put there by the 1974 surveyor.?ÿ?ÿ

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Standards for acceptable backsight error

Could be an incorrect state plane scale factor.?ÿ?ÿ

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Turn Angle Twice or Close the Horizon?

I've been using HP48GX 's for more than 20 years in SMI environmental cases.?ÿ Never once lost data, or lost a day due to dead batteries.?ÿ?ÿ

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Fox-it PDF

Thanks for the recommendation Mark. I just tried Fox-It for the first time and like it. I've been using CutePDF Pro, but it's just got too many issu...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Most Unusual thing you have ever put on a plat

Today I prepared a plan with a "Cow Pass" on it as described in 1948 deeds. Turns out it was on underground tunnel under the road about 4 feet wide b...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Open Traverse with GPS Points

With your GPS control of low quality least squares is the best solution for this. You can put some large error estimates on those GPS points so your ...

9 years ago
Page 1 / 2