AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Bear Bait
Bear Bait
@bear-bait
Free
Joined: December 1, 2011 3:54 pm
Topics: 35 / Replies: 235
Reply
RE: Deten Pond as-built turned approval cert.

This is something that has come up the last couple of years with construction as-builts. Caused me a problem the first time because I wasn’t expecting...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Non-Warranty deed

Different states have different laws pertaining to quitclaim deeds but I think we are saying close to the same thing. According to Blacks- Warranty de...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Non-Warranty deed

As a seller I would have less liability to issue a quit-claim deed, as a buyer I always want a warranty deed, title insurance or not. I am not buying...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Non-Warranty deed

I think it clouds title, maybe just a little cloud instead of cumulus or overcast but definitely does raise a question as to what is being transferred...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: "Surveying is a profession of public trust."

Good article, only wish all surveyors followed this type of professionalism.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Fighting City Hall (and winning)

Interesting, I think the key here is “common interest community”. It seems a stretch that the law was written for condos and developers can stretch th...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Fighting City Hall (and winning)

Fighting City Hall (and winning)>clearcutIn a perfect world everyone would abide by the law and all things would be handled with equitable and fair...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Fighting City Hall (and winning)

Is the condo plat a function of the State of Alaska or the Mat-Su borough? I have heard of this but only in your area.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS Localization

I have experienced tilt when localizing to control on construction projects more than once. It has shown up when holding two points for elevation and ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Prices compared to other trades

I agree, - value, not only in the value clients see, but how much value the surveyor places on their own work. The biggest problem I have seen is how...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Placement of excess and deficiency in older subdivisions

I can’t tell whether you are serious on this one or not Kent, are you saying that because it says -+ the intent is to say that the last measurement i...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Placement of excess and deficiency in older subdivisions

I disagree Bill, I learned from an older surveyor that related to me that a common procedure when he was on gov. crews was to lay out lots at a given ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Placement of excess and deficiency in older subdivisions

I think Brown’s Boundary Control and Legal Principles has some excellent info on this. I don’t remember if it deals with this specifically but I was a...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Who doe this?

Construction destructionI appreciate your respect for the profession, but to me it used to be always spelled out pretty clearly. It used to be that i...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: New Data Collector Case

My junior in high school son recently designed and printed me a few compass holders for rods – very similar to level bubble holders on rods. They help...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Who doe this?

The pin cushion is egocentrism but the contractor part brings up a recent question I have run into.Do you know in Alaska how the board considers contr...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Earliest use of deformed rebar as property corner

more rebar infopage d-4 this doc powerhouse

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Earliest use of deformed rebar as property corner

Many types of rebar throughout the ages, we used to run into twisted rebar on the east coast which was patented 1884 and used until 1940’s in some pla...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Let's elevate the conversation

:good:This is a good time for all the people that have wanted to contribute in some way to finally pull the trigger!

12 years ago
Page 3 / 14