AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Bear Bait
Bear Bait
@bear-bait
Free
Joined: December 1, 2011 3:54 pm
Topics: 35 / Replies: 235
Topic
Replies: 6
Views: 540
Reply
RE: G. Robert (Bob) Lecklider [Former OIT Instructor)

Bob was a great surveyor, a man‰Ûªs man and an amazing person. He helped me learn surveying and some life's lessons. He will always be remembered with...

10 years ago
Reply
10 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Easement use for Encroachments

Aliquot,I am doing some research to take to the local platting authority and I hadn‰Ûªt realized that most of the platting authorities in Alaska had a...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Easement use for Encroachments

Rental agreement is interesting. I find it odd the planners would put themselves in that spot. If one goes south they may find themselves on the hook....

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 25
Views: 1121
Reply
RE: Anyone have an Allegro Data Collector with Radio Pod for Leica TCRP1205 Robotic Instrument?

I have Allegro MX with big screen. With Leica radio module. I used it a short time with a Leica 1205 until I went with new GS14's and CS15.It has carl...

11 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Non-Licensed Survey Profession

I have been surveying in Alaska for a while in many rural areas around the state and in my experience - overall the use of Licensed Surveyors in Alask...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Non-Licensed Survey Profession

I totally agree, we love Hawaii but unlicensed surveyors are now taking all the discretionary income and then some from the business. :-S

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Non-Licensed Survey Profession

Mark, As far as I can tell Alaska hasn’t been able to come up with a good definition as to what requires a license to practice surveying, if you have ...

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 24
Views: 1682
Reply
RE: Does estoppel apply here?

My conclusion (and I will be corrected here if I'm wrong) is that the corner (?) now controls the lot line between the two lots, but not the ROW or th...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Dutch Hill -Carbon Graphic Tripods?

I admit, I love Dutch Hill legs. Been using the Tundra, Standard Dutch hills and carbon fiber for 15+ years with Leica robots and have had excellent r...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon vs Leica Help!

Have gone through a few Leica robots and a couple data collectors. Prior to this I was Sokkia and Topcon user. I am totally sold on the Leica robots. ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Help on form w-9

ThanksA sole proprietor has the option to either submit SS# or EIN. I submit many W-9s every year with EIN, I get an accountant every once and a while...

12 years ago
Topic
Replies: 5
Views: 766
Reply
RE: Timber Scribe

That's good idea but reason for screw mod is to tighten as well as loosen. - some I know use locktite on screws because we use scribe as hammer to in...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Timber Scribe

Best timber scribe ever made is Crawford. Many hundreds of BLM surveyors own and use them in Alaska and down south.Scribe is a lifetime investment.Her...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Unqualified crews and/or firms

I agree, it’s in all fields, I regularly see this in association with many projects I deal with. It all boils down to our posy sniffing week kneed app...

12 years ago
Page 2 / 14