AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Andy Nold
Andy Nold
@andy-nold
Member Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 8:45 am
Last seen: September 9, 2026 9:11 pm
Topics: 278 / Replies: 1755
Topic
Reply
RE: Question about legal descriptions in Texas.

Summoning Kent McMillimeter.... i know he is banned, but I'd love to see him educate a noob... I'll do my best to channel him. Tomorrow.?ÿ

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Question about legal descriptions in Texas.

We are a non-recording state. We have a tendency to write robust legal descriptions that reflect the conditions that we find on the ground to help the...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: FW: Short story; found and dug out!

More stupidity from the railroad museum world: "There was also a concrete state line marker not far from here.. about 8 foot tall, with a 4 foot porti...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: To reach description

We do mileage and turn descriptions for some of our O&G clients. "Go north on U.S. Highway 285 for 15.2 miles and turn right on lease road continu...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Minnesota surveyor sues National Assn Realtors

This should be posted in business and legal issues IMHO

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Question on Advertising Legalities in TX

That's a confusing question. You want to advertise to hire a surveyor, you are handling the advertising for a surveyor or you are a surveyor wanting t...

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 1
Views: 1165
Reply
RE: Robert Stockton Dod (1855-1924) Episcopal Priest/Texas Surveyor

I was at the TSPS High Plains Experience Seminar this past weekend and in a presentation by Stan Piper we ran across Block CS in Hartley County. I dec...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS Webinar Apr 25 on the fate of the US Survey foot

The real method is dividing varas by 0.39 to get feet. Not to pick nits, but I usually divide varas by 0.36 to get feet.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS Webinar Apr 25 on the fate of the US Survey foot

I'm going to petition the Texas Legislature to return to the vara. ?ÿ 33-1/3" FOR LIFE! ?ÿ Actually, it dawns on me that I just read the State Statute...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Building lines

I'm pretty sure what he posted is a clip of the actual plat. You can see the start of the Plat Notes on the right edge.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Building lines

Seems to me that if you're dealing with a platted line of record, you would be ill-advised to use something different. My 2?›.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Using a boundary completed by others

I was asked to plat a piece of property using a previous boundary (2018) that was done for the seller of the tract. I don't have a problem with that, ...

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 1
Views: 514
Reply
RE: Pincushion of the Day

I went to a political fundraiser at a local craft brewery on Tuesday and passed this on the way back to my truck.

8 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 1024
Reply
RE: Does a surveyor "owe" anything to their community?

Change the question. "Does a _________ 'owe' anything to their community?" Does a banker, a baker, an engineer, a mechanic, any other number of occupa...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Billboard Advertising

Nope. That place is a mess. This billboard is directly across the interstate from a walmart and numerous other business. As there is nothing to stop t...

8 years ago
Page 8 / 102