AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Andy Nold
Andy Nold
@andy-nold
Member Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 8:45 am
Last seen: September 9, 2026 9:11 pm
Topics: 278 / Replies: 1755
Reply
RE: Its intern season

What's an intern?

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Tell us about an "epic failure" you've experienced

I surveyed a house a block away from the correct house. Had a request from a realtor who we regularly surveyed for. Drove down the street and stopped ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Need a simple phrase...

I don't know but I sure got a laugh out of that "fornicate with frogs" phrase proffered in another thread.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Would you survey out of a "toaster"?

BushAxe, post: 427776, member: 11897 wrote: For the majority of the work I do, I need 4WD and clearance just as much as storage space.Yeah. I did rip ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Don't set a PK Nail in Grimes County, Texas

This is more about hair-on-fire Nimbys opposing rail and going after surveyors as the evil agents of the railroad. They also sued over paint marks on ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Would you survey out of a "toaster"?

I surveyed out of a Scion Xb for a few years. Surprisingly spacious and the tripod and prism pile just barely fit across the width of the tailgate are...

9 years ago
Topic
Replies: 19
Views: 1412
Reply
RE: friday laugh

Dan B. Robison, post: 426997, member: 34 wrote: I've seen that before and it seems funny until you have meetings like that.-ANhzw, aft! af qpw h jce ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: friday laugh

I have a client that is reviewing my survey of a 1200'x1300' site lease. I am reporting the acreage as 35.81 and then he is checking my work by calcul...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Good Idea or Bad Idea in PLSSia

paden cash, post: 426657, member: 20 wrote: Simplicity looks like this: Where squares were drawn and indicated with no thought of uniformity, conv...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Adverse Possession by Landlord/Tenant on lands of another

A Harris, post: 426578, member: 81 wrote: When a person knows where their boundary is, they can not make a claim to any other location.I don't believe...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Adverse Possession by Landlord/Tenant on lands of another

spledeus, post: 426570, member: 3579 wrote: Adverse Possession = OCEANHOpen Continuous Exclusive Adverse Notorious Hostile Then I stand up. "Not sure...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: The pot calling the kettle by some familiar name...

Robert Hill, post: 426487, member: 378 wrote: Mortgage surveys were made illegit many years ago. There were some urban/suburban firms that relied on m...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Finally Spilling the Beans on RTK GNSS

Roby_, post: 425093, member: 12678 wrote: Rich -- My envy-dar is pegging with your Tesla test drive. Hey, as soon as I shot my terse response above a...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: How stupid can I get

Last week I left the shovel on the side of the road. The next day I picked it up and then left the prism pole standing at my last shot which was a pip...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Public Service Tower in the wrong field

Sounds like the landowner had the perfect valuation for the land he sold. About the same as the cost to move the tower.

9 years ago
Topic
Replies: 7
Views: 637
Reply
RE: PLSS Trivia--How does your State stack up

A PLSS-like system was attempted in North Texas at the effort of the Peters Colony, whose head agent/surveyor was an Englishman, Henry Hedgecoxe. He w...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Seco Ultralite Prism Pole

I rarely trust the graduations on any rod. I'll usually measure the height from tip to prism midpoint just to make sure that it all stacks up right an...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Seco Ultralite Prism Pole

squowse, post: 423078, member: 7109 wrote: I had one. I bought it especially for the lightness and the topo shoe was a bonus.Only quibble I had with i...

9 years ago
Page 22 / 102