AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Andy Bruner
Andy Bruner
@andy-bruner
Free
Joined: January 24, 2011 9:42 am
Last seen: August 3, 2026 2:47 pm
Topics: 212 / Replies: 2567
Reply
RE: A big part of why I am a surveyor

My favorite school teacher taught history.?ÿ My first two years of college I majored in history.?ÿ Then I sat down one day and said to my self, "What ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Thought I'd seen everything...

@flga-pls-2-2 When I was working on the BP oil spill cleanup we had NRAs (Natural Resource Assistants) assigned to sections of the beach.  Most ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Acronyms

My wife was in private practice as a Nurse Practitioner for nearly 20 years.?ÿ Her practice used one (started by the Doc) to put on the charts: TSTL.?...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: As built 54 inch by 7100 feet long tunnel (lined with grouted in steel pipe)

It wasn't an as-built, but about 35 years ago I was working on the construction of a wastewater treatment plant in Chattanooga.?ÿ A "Return Sludge" li...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: OSHA Rules for heat

@dave-karoly During the BP oil spill cleanup on the beach in Alabama we had some sites where the workers had to wear Tyvek.  Often they could on...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: OSHA Rules for heat

@dave-karoly Yeah.  We had a young lady in Metro Atlanta die this week while conditioning for high school basketball, from heat stress.  ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Determining damages for post trial summary

I don't know what kind of damage was caused.?ÿ Several yeas ago I had a contract crew surveying for a proposed sanitary sewer line.?ÿ I had permission...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: OSHA Rules for heat

@field-dog We did supply Gatorade.  One quart in the morning before work, one quart at lunch and one quart at "quitting time".  The best ti...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: OSHA Rules for heat

If you don't believe Safety people (CSP, Certified Safety Professional) and Industrial Hygienists don't earn their money just look at ONE of the items...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: OSHA Rules for heat

Also look at: It is linked from the previous link.?ÿ If OSHA rules are applicable to you you'd BETTER have a written protocol for your workers.?ÿ Spe...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Large K&E Slide Rule

Once upon a time I could use one to solve problems.?ÿ Now I could use the "C", "CI" and "D" scales but that's it.?ÿ Of course we had to take a slide r...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Eminent Domain - for an Easement?

In Georgia ABSOLUTELY yes.?ÿ I have testified in dozens of Special Master hearings for the condemnation of easements (and rights of way).?ÿ As long as...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Time wasters

Wanna-be-helpful clients who don't want you on site unless they are with you every step of the way. I unintentionally "cured" one client from followin...

7 years ago
Page 46 / 139