AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Andy Bruner
Andy Bruner
@andy-bruner
Free
Joined: January 24, 2011 9:42 am
Last seen: August 3, 2026 2:47 pm
Topics: 212 / Replies: 2567
Reply
RE: Grey day office shots...

@holy-cow 'Possum on the half shell. Andy

6 years ago
Reply
RE: How is centerline, and stationing defined?

@holy-cow I fully agree.?ÿ Having been both a surveyor and a highway designer I have seen MULTIPLE instances of right of way monuments set nowhere nea...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: My Patience Is Wearing Thin

Sometimes you just shake your head.?ÿ Years ago I had the engineer in charge of a local county DOT send a note asking for the radius of a vertical cur...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Best Day Ever!

@stlsurveyor?ÿ The last 3 or 4 years before I left I was about the same way.?ÿ The previous 18 years with the same company were a different ball game....

6 years ago
Reply
RE: First shot today

Your loss puts our daily gripes in perspective.?ÿ You will be in my prayers.?ÿ I'm glad to hear you got your vaccination, mine is scheduled for next w...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: MH Measure downs

@john-putnam The fun part is when the bend in the pipe is NOT made at the manhole.?ÿ There is a large (42 inch) sanitary sewer line near me that has m...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: MH Measure downs

@lurker I'm only talking vertical for shooting over the out pipe.?ÿ For horizontal we did shoot the center of the lid. ?ÿ

6 years ago
Reply
RE: MH Measure downs

@dmyhill I was taught, and therefore taught my crews, that we shot the rim elevation over the "out" pipe.?ÿ It is about repeatability.?ÿ Normally the ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: MH Measure downs

If you are measuring to the invert of the pipes (invert in/out) I would expect to be within 0.05 feet without some type of obstruction or an offset co...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Unusual Monuments

@bill-c When I was growing up there was an Air Force Base (later a SAC base) across the river from our farm.?ÿ One of my cousins and I used to poke th...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Old Surveys

In Georgia the Statute of Limitations is from the date of survey.?ÿ After seven years you can (if you wish) give out copies of that old plat without f...

6 years ago
Page 27 / 139