AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Andy Bruner
Andy Bruner
@andy-bruner
Free
Joined: January 24, 2011 9:42 am
Last seen: August 3, 2026 2:47 pm
Topics: 212 / Replies: 2567
Reply
RE: Tracer Triangulation

While he didn't use it for triangulation I knew a surveyor in south Georgia that used tracers to determine a line to be cut through the woods and swam...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: New truck organizer box...

Nice looking rig. Those prism bags make excellent camera bags too. I can carry the camera, extra batteries, cables etc. and keep it all together. S...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Pipe Deformation

I surveyed one similar several years ago. It was a reinforced concrete pipe 72" in diameter (to begin with). I am only 5'-8" tall so I should have b...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Asbuilt Question

There is a local Authority that requires this type of "As-Built" as part of the plan review/project approval process. They require location every 100...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: "X" mark in a manhole

I see what you are"saying" now. We always recorded the elevation for a manhole cover on the edge above the "out" invert, but we were also removing th...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: 1853 or 1854?

KentAlthough I've never worked as a Land Surveyor in Texas I have friends who are licensed there. I've been told of some "questionable" original surv...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Healt & Safety

ChristofI know you said you don't like checklists but they can be of help with this. We perform "Prework Hazard Analysis" or "Job Safety Analysis" be...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Oil Pans Beware

Reminds me of a project on which I worked nearly 40 years ago. We staked the back of curb along a street one afternoon and were coming back the next ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: how do YOU calculate a boundary?

If the deed included bearings and distances I did a "Map Check", generated coordinates, and plotted them on grid paper (remember counting the little s...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey to cost about as much as the land

KentMy wife was a Post Anesthesia Care Unit (Recovery Room) nurse for about 10 years and dealt with a bunch of anesthesiologists. As a rule they were...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Subdivisions and water distrubution plans

Around hereIf you even THINK hard about filling a ditch EPD (state Environmental Protection Division), EPA, NRCS and probably several others would be ...

14 years ago
Page 112 / 139