AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all

Settings for Topcon GPT-3000 and HP48 Survey Pro

12 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
620 Views
gmpls
(@gmpls)
Posts: 464
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Hello everyone. Is there anyone out there that can tell me the correct settings for the above combination? I'm getting an e82 error code which I understand is a communication error. I'm pretty sure the cable is good as it worked last time I hooked the tsc 2 up to the same gun. On another note, there is not a gpt series as a selectable device on the survey pro card that I'm using so I'm not even sure this card will work for me. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Gregg


 
Posted : September 30, 2014 3:34 pm
roadhand
(@roadhand)
Posts: 1501
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

e82 is definately a com error. how does your cable fit a tsc2 and an hp48? enviro case? that could be the problem, the four pin connector in the case


 
Posted : September 30, 2014 3:55 pm
gmpls
(@gmpls)
Posts: 464
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Ah. That could be the problem. I do have an environmental case and it worked last time I used it..... 11 years ago.

Another wierd thing I can't figure out is when I hit the sideshot button the instrument shoots twice. I don't remember that from my hp48 days.


 
Posted : September 30, 2014 4:01 pm
gmpls
(@gmpls)
Posts: 464
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Hmmm. I think my settings are correct and the card is version 6.3 (the newest made, I think) so now I'm seriously doubting my environmental case. I plan on double checking the cable by trying my friends tsc2 again.

It's a tough call on whether I should buy another case or just scrap the whole HP 48 idea and save for something more modern. I guess for now I'm going to try and clean the terminals on the enviro case keep my eye on ebay for cases. It doesn't look like I will be able to clean those connections very easily... maybe soak the case connections in lemon juice and scrape the calculator connections with wire?

Does anyone know which device I should be using in Survey Pro? As I said earlier, there is no GPT setting. There is a GTS-800, CTS1-GTS3, and GTSB-D&4. There are also ET1/ET2, DL-100 and GMT-100 but I'm pretty sure it's not those.

Gregg


 
Posted : October 1, 2014 6:04 am
JerryS
(@jerrys)
Posts: 563
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

The correct settings for communicating with a Topcon GPT-3000 series from an HP-48GX TDS are to use the GTS-B-D&4 driver. Settings are 1,200, Even on parity. In other words, accept the defaults unless you know that the communication parameters have been edited on the instrument.

Has the total station been used last with a Bluetooth enabled data collector? If so, you'll need to change the communications on the instrument from Bluetooth to COM1.


 
Posted : October 1, 2014 8:33 am

gmpls
(@gmpls)
Posts: 464
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Thanks Jerry. At least I know which "device" to use in survey pro when I'm trouble shooting this. I also tried to connect the DC to my computer today... no luck. I'm thinking it might be a poor connection either in my SMI enviro case or the HP 48 itself. I'm going to test the cable again with a TSC2 just to make sure it still works.

Thanks for the bluetooth tip. That was giving me issues at first until I switched it.

Gregg


 
Posted : October 1, 2014 9:07 am
JD Juelson
(@jd-juelson)
Posts: 595
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I have not been able to get the 48 to communicate with my laptop w/ Win.7. I used to have trouble trying to download to the XP, can't find a port.

-JD-


 
Posted : October 1, 2014 10:49 am
gmpls
(@gmpls)
Posts: 464
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

JD, I'll let you know if I get it working. I will be trying with survey data link in C3D and also trying the program that Jimmy sent. I tried to connect to my computer yesterday but it wouldn't go. I think I want to get the collector talking to the gun first so I know it's not a cable or case issue.

Gregg


 
Posted : October 2, 2014 7:17 am
gmpls
(@gmpls)
Posts: 464
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Does anyone know if I can connect an hp48 to my topcon using a 4 pin to 9 pin cable then attaching it to my topcon cable via a female 9 pin to 9 pin adapter? I think that will be my cheapest option to trouble shoot this issue.

Gregg


 
Posted : October 2, 2014 2:05 pm
gmpls
(@gmpls)
Posts: 464
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Update. It was a bad cable causing my issues. The collector is working fine with the gpt 3003 now. Heeha! Less hand notes for me.

Now to work on the PC communication.

Gregg


 
Posted : October 14, 2014 5:14 pm

alan-cook
(@alan-cook)
Posts: 413
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

> Update. It was a bad cable causing my issues. The collector is working fine with the gpt 3003 now. Heeha! Less hand notes for me.
>
> Now to work on the PC communication.
>
> Gregg

You need to be sure the cable that you are using to download the collector to the PC is a null modem cable, or at least there is a null modem adapter in line.


 
Posted : October 15, 2014 6:21 am
gmpls
(@gmpls)
Posts: 464
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Yes, thanks Alan. I used to have an SMI 9 pin to 9 pin that I presume would work because it came with the smi case. Now I am trying with a download cable that connects the topcon DC cable to 9 pin. It didn't work last week but that was with the faulty topcon cable.

Gregg


 
Posted : October 15, 2014 11:43 am