AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all

Leica TS16 1" R500 New or Used?

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
2,887 Views
nimal
(@nimal)
Posts: 45
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I have been looking for a TS16 Robot and found used one from an overseas Authorised Leica Dealer.

The dealer rates the Gun as Excellant. Manufactured 2018, Fully serviced and calibrated, 6 months parts and labour warrenty. Price US$26,640 plus import tax. TS16 comes with RH17 Bluetooth Handle, Power Search, GRZ4 360?ø Prism, Captivate Measure & Stakeout and other accessories, CS20 with Captivate and accessories.

I can purchase a new TS16 1" R500 from the local Leica dealer for US$ 41,780 with CS20 and all the accessries included. The new TS16 comes with Auto Height and ATRPlus. One year warrenry supplied.?ÿ

Both guns don't come with imaging option. I'l be able to get it with the new TS16 and R500 can be upgraded to R1000 if needed.

I have in mind to get a AP20 Autopole in future for this set.

What would you do in this scenario? Go for a New one or the used one?

Does the imaging feature usefull in TS16?

What reflectorless range you prefer? R500 or R1000??ÿ

Please educate me as I'am new to Leica Robots.?ÿ

My intended use is cadastral, Construction setouts and Topographic (Feature & Level).

Thanks in advance.


 
Posted : August 31, 2022 2:44 pm
anonymous_9036
(@Anonymous 9036)
Posts: 1216
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

R1000 would be better but even the r400 on the tcrp1203+ I have been using from 2010 is miles ahead of the reflectorless on the new Trimble s5.?ÿ

I didn't realize atr plus was optional on the ts16. Obviously power search is standard though?


 
Posted : August 31, 2022 4:53 pm
nimal
(@nimal)
Posts: 45
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

@350rocketmike I just checked Leica_TPS_Comprison Chart and "Power Search" is an option for TS16. It's not clear to me about if "ATRplus" is an option or "Stndard" in the chart. All I got from the sales rep is it's included in that price.


 
Posted : September 1, 2022 1:53 am
ramses
(@ramses)
Posts: 126
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

According to this, Atr plus is integrated in all TS16/MS60 robots. We have 2 Geomax robots , one is an R500 and the other is R1000. In real life, I couldn't find a difference between the reflectorlees shots taken with any of them. We usually don't exceed 300m and all shots are to reflective sheet targets.


 
Posted : September 1, 2022 3:03 am
nimal
(@nimal)
Posts: 45
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Great. Thanks for infomation.

Any idea about TS16 imaging option? Has anyone used or think it's useful?


 
Posted : September 1, 2022 4:21 pm

Minbarwinkle
(@minbarwinkle)
Posts: 87
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I believe you'll need a different TH for the Autopole to work. If you're going to go that route, save yourself the trouble, buy new and get the correct TH (the one I used with the AP20 was black, rather than white and, according to the sales rep, the older one doesn't work because it needs an additional band to send the extra information for tilt correction).

The imaging I've never used but I can imagine situations where it could be useful. Still if you have the AP20, that should solve more problems than you think you have and might never have to resort to imaging.

With regard to reflectorless range, I can't imagine ever going anywhere near 500 metres for the simple reason that it would be nigh impossible to properly sight a target at that distance.

If this is intended to be your workhorse, and from your description it will be, buying a new machine is a better investment since you'll look after it from beginning to finish and don't have to troubleshoot random problems left by previous owners. If you have to put it in service and can't take on work, that potential loss will surely make up the difference between buying new and buying used.


 
Posted : September 2, 2022 8:31 pm
nimal
(@nimal)
Posts: 45
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

@minbarwinkle I hope by "TH" you mean the longrange Bluetooth Handle. If so, you're right and as to the dealer AP20 only works with RH18 Bluetooth Handle. It?ÿ needs Captivate 7.0 or a higher version as well.

Yes, I agree, buying reduces potental risks and it's going to be the daily workhorse.

Robots have wearing parts. It's lucky if I know the real condition of the GUN before buying a used. A friend said in the company he works has a dropped TS16. It's been repaired and no visible damages yet it doen't hold the adjustments as it should.?ÿ ?ÿ?ÿ


 
Posted : September 5, 2022 3:55 pm
brad-ott
(@brad-ott)
Posts: 6178
Member Sustainer
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I would buy new.


 
Posted : September 5, 2022 3:59 pm