AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
Minbarwinkle
Minbarwinkle
@minbarwinkle
Free
Joined: May 21, 2022 9:14 pm
Last seen: August 6, 2026 7:54 am
Topics: 9 / Replies: 78
Reply
RE: Man... ChatGPT Is Nice

I'm using it to create LISP routines for CAD drafting. When some of my colleagues saw the stuff I was doing, their response was 'Why aren't you sharin...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: WARNING! WARNING!

Having only one child is easier but very risky when something like that happens. I can't even imagine the grief of that poor mother. The world is a mu...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Advance Australia Fair

How is everyone in NSW going with the digital plan builder integration?

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Why not Metric??

  Australia made the switch a few decades ago and the sky hasn't fallen. There are still plenty of holdovers from the imperial days, like 2...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Drafting...

Pretty soon all the drafting will be done by computers for computers. Clients won't even need to look at a plan anymore, they'll just ask their agenti...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: Advance Australia Fair

I've never heard of this before. I've been through several cadastral companies and all the marks I put in where either through GPS (RTK with 2 minute ...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Been wondering what he's doing now

The neighbourhood was fine until the surveyor showed up... If an owner has been occupying a property for decades with no disputes, that's where the ...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Building Sway

That's just how things are built in Australia, good thing we don't really have big earthquakes, half of Sydney CDB would probably topple over.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Mini Tripods

I'm listening...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble compensator issue/calibration

I'm in a similar situation and I have to say that going from Leica to Trimble is not a pleasant experience, especially when the gear isn't exactly new...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Digging in hard soil, pavement, etc,

What about cars? Where do they go? We have a few marks in the road that were grandfathered in through various road widenings but they're usually in a ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Do you remember your first day as party chief

I don't remember it all. It probably doesn't help that I've been through so many companies, it's all a bit of a blur. I remember the first day in th...

2 years ago
Topic
2 years ago
Replies: 4
Views: 1764
Reply
RE: Digging in hard soil, pavement, etc,

Excuse my ignorance but why do you need to dig through asphalt so frequently that you need a special tool for it? Are your monuments in the road for w...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: 3D scanning vs total stations/RTK for tree surveying

Based on this video, I know which method I would like to use. Scanning is definitely easier and far less boring. I'd rather spend a day in the office ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Section Subdivision with Closing Corners

If you put all of that on a quick plan, I could probably offer an opinion from across the pond but I'm a bit lost in the US technical jargon and imper...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Let's Talk Tree Surveys

If I was doing that, I would definitely use a TS instead of GPS and I would expect to do it in about a day or less with a 2-man crew. Have something t...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Let's Talk Tree Surveys

99% of the time I eyeball it. I really don't think anyone cares that much, some clients have questions the location of a tree, especially when it's cl...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Let's Talk Tree Surveys

I'm not sure about including marking, but depending on the position maybe. If the trees are spread out enough that you only need 2-3 setups to get eve...

2 years ago
Page 1 / 5