AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all

GTS-825A & SD1000 BT radio help

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
875 Views
MTH
 MTH
(@mth)
Posts: 5
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Hello All,

I am looking into move from the Satel radios with my Topcon GTS-825A with RC-2R and been reading up on SD1000 units. By chance, how can the unit work with the RC-2R, does it still need the cable or another BT unit????ÿJust starting to read into these and they seem really appealing and I like to look to move that way.

If anyone could chime in or have any SD1000 units collecting dust I might be interested if I could get them to work.?ÿ

Thanks for looking!


 
Posted : August 5, 2018 10:57 am
leegreen
(@leegreen)
Posts: 2187
Member Founder, Sustainer
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

This is the SD1000 kit you need.

?ÿ


 
Posted : August 5, 2018 3:01 pm
mattsib79
(@mattsib79)
Posts: 376
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I recently purchased the Bluetooth kit from Troy Deaton at Deaton Geoteonics. I used it for the first time two weeks ago and it works well. I used to only use the RC2 as the only form of communication between the data collector and the robot. This works much much better. The only thing the RC2 does now is directs the to robot where to look if it looses lock. All other communication goes through Bluetooth.?ÿ


 
Posted : August 5, 2018 4:24 pm
MTH
 MTH
(@mth)
Posts: 5
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

@Leegreen - Thanks! I was wondering if I would need both or could get away with one for the robot only.

@mattsib79 - So do you just put the RC2 on the prism and hit the search and the button on top? Once you do that, does the robot acquire lock on the prism then? Just trying to understand if I hit stop from tracking, I would have to do this each time? I do mainly boundary and don't track the prism continuously.?ÿ

With my FC200, which is being retired and replaced with a Ranger 2 with Carlson, I had to hit the search button for it to locate the prism. I never recall the robot searching for the prism if I hit the top button on the RC2.?ÿ

Thank you both for your assistance!


 
Posted : August 5, 2018 4:42 pm