Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Did you reply to Javad's help wanted ad and subsequently get asked to become part of the support network for the Triumph-LS and other JAVAD GNSS equipment?
I really didn't know of any other forum to turn to and try and find out: are you going to San Jose on the 18th? I'm so very much looking forward to meeting Dr. Ashjaee and taking a tour of the manufacturing facility (like that lucky dog Shawn got to last fall 😉 - but I'm also am very much looking forward to meeting you.
As I wrote earlier on my blog posting The Javad Chronicles, I'm so excited about testing out the Triumph-LS and the Triumph-2, but am patiently waiting... well trying to be patient.. okay, really I feel like an 8-year old kid a week before Christmas 🙂
Then when I learned about the (5) support positions being offered to U.S. land surveyors, I thought again... no brainah! - absolutely! So when the Uncle Javad I WANT YOU ad appeared on their website on January 14th, I spent the day on the resume and cover letter... even though it was the most vague of any help wanted ad I have ever seen. But like I told Michael Glutting a day or two later when I called Javad's U.S. Headquarters in an effort to find out anything at all about what the job was, what it entailed, etc., etc., I said, "that really it wouldn't matter what the job was, I'd sweep the floors for the guy". Just the chance to beta test this equipment and software and to document the process is reward unto itself. Providing meaningful support to other surveyors will be a privilege and I can't wait to start learning the ropes!
So back to the question; will you be meeting Javad on the 18th? - and if you are, in what part of the country do you live? Let us all know and I'll update the Javad Support Network map 🙂

They are flying me out on the 17th and the meeting with Dr Javad is at 8:30 on the 18th
I'm not sure what we are doing on the 19th but they are not flying me home until the 20th.
I am from Louisville KY.
Matt
>
Did you reply to Javad's help wanted ad and subsequently get asked to become part of the support network for the Triumph-LS and other JAVAD GNSS equipment?
No I did not.
I am reluctant. The extra "days" you speak of makes me wonder. I am not going to a "hard sell" or contract negotiation halfway across the US.
I think the true nature of this meeting needs to be laid out in black-and-white before anyone makes a trip.
My .02
(There's a lot more I wanted to write, but I might show up at this meeting yet.)
This seems a little more like an ad than a question.
> This seems a little more like an ad than a question.
I thought the same thing at first, but the OP is Kelly Bellis, a surveyor in Maine who's been around a long time. I guess he's just very enthused about the Javad gig.
> This seems a little more like an ad than a question.
Hence the sarcasm dripping from my keyboard in my response. 🙂
@ munt21 - I'm unclear what you mean by hard sell; my understanding was the meeting on the 18th was for an interview for the advertised positions which will also include training on the new gear. Did you apply for the position?
@ Matt - Is this about the same idea or impression that you've gotten; that we'll be the support for Javad customers in the U.S.?
In any event, I'm sure that we'll be finding out more as the day is swiftly upon us!
Kelly
Hi Jim - Yes, I confess - it is pretty exciting to me 🙂
That was my impression as well. However, I am not so sure that they have not picked a handful of candidates that they want already. I can't see them paying for flights and hotels for all who sent in resumes. Maybe I am wrong and it is just for an interview. Either way I am super excited to get a chance to meet Dr. Javad and to see their facility first hand.
Matt
Some May Not Want To Respond
As they are currently employed by others.
Paul in PA
The real reason you want to go to San Jose. 😉

Is Flo there?