Trimble Business Center — Produce final deliverables in one workspace. Start free trial.

AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all

Help with curved breaklines - Autocad c3d land desktop companion 2009

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
808 Views
mag-eye
(@mag-eye)
Posts: 176
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I have long curves that I need to create breaklines on the pts are very spread apart so I need them to be curved.
Any help please & thank you.


 
Posted : July 9, 2015 6:19 am
Charles S.
(@charles-s)
Posts: 1
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Use Feature Lines. They can be drawn as arcs.


 
Posted : July 9, 2015 6:51 am
mag-eye
(@mag-eye)
Posts: 176
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I am using land desktop companion 2009 I think feature lines is a newer c3d command.


 
Posted : July 9, 2015 9:11 am
Norman_Oklahoma
(@norman-oklahoma)
Posts: 8474
Member P&R, Founder
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

MAG-EYE, post: 326427, member: 8763 wrote: I have long curves that I need to create breaklines on the pts are very spread apart so I need them to be curved...

I think your best bet is going to be to fake in some points along those curves, either before you create your surface by or afterwards by editing the surface.

Either way you might be putting lipstick on a pig. Just how far apart are these points?


 
Posted : July 9, 2015 9:33 am