Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
My travelling office is a Toshiba laptop with lots 'o settings for USB 'sleep and charge' as well as various other seemingly proprietary usb settings.
Suddenly I cannot use Microsoft Mobile Device Center to connect with any of the older Topcon FC-whatever units. I am still able to get the data off using a usb drive, but I would rather just connect the via usb chord to my PC.
Anyone else encountered/defeated this?
Thanks,
Steve
What o/s? Does Mobile start or crash? Have you gone to sync center and removed parnerships?
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Sounds like the creator edition update blues check this thread:
sjc1989, post: 443658, member: 6718 wrote: My travelling office is a Toshiba laptop with lots 'o settings for USB 'sleep and charge' as well as various other seemingly proprietary usb settings.
Suddenly I cannot use Microsoft Mobile Device Center to connect with any of the older Topcon FC-whatever units. I am still able to get the data off using a usb drive, but I would rather just connect the via usb chord to my PC.
Anyone else encountered/defeated this?
Thanks,
Steve
Maybe it isn't your laptop. On my FC-250, I have to go to the "ActiveSync" icon, then Menu, then Connections, change from USB Topcon to USB, then check the "Sycnchronize all PCs using this connection" box.
Chris in AZ, post: 443695, member: 8785 wrote: Maybe it isn't your laptop. On my FC-250, I have to go to the "ActiveSync" icon, then Menu, then Connections, change from USB Topcon to USB, then check the "Sycnchronize all PCs using this connection" box.
Yeah, and you have to turn off advanced functionality
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Go to juniper systems
There are tools that uninstall active sync properly from your PC
the normal widows PC uninstall active sync fails to remove some registry items.
Its a active sync issue that needs to be corrected by a Microsoft tool that fixes the
registry
Juniper has the links to fix the registry clean
down load and reinstall active sync from Microsoft after register clean tool from MS
The folks a Juniper are great for this active sync issue = plagued me for a long time
Pete
Peter Kozub, post: 443777, member: 375 wrote: Go to juniper systems
There are tools that uninstall active sync properly from your PC
the normal widows PC uninstall active sync fails to remove some registry items.Its a active sync issue that needs to be corrected by a Microsoft tool that fixes the
registry
Juniper has the links to fix the registry cleandown load and reinstall active sync from Microsoft after register clean tool from MS
The folks a Juniper are great for this active sync issue = plagued me for a long time
Pete
If he is running 10, it ain't an activesync issue. Developers update trashed way that SvcHost is run. If on 10, he actually needs to ADD to the registry to get it to work.
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Jawja, post: 443797, member: 12766 wrote: If he is running 10, it ain't an activesync issue. Developers update trashed way that SvcHost is run. If on 10, he actually needs to ADD to the registry to get it to work.
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I am running W10 and having a hard time with my reinstall. Bad wifi where I am for the next week. Thanks for the responses.
Steve
sjc1989, post: 443807, member: 6718 wrote: I am running W10 and having a hard time with my reinstall. Bad wifi where I am for the next week. Thanks for the responses.
Steve
Right click start, open PowerShell as admin, type the following:
Open the command line as an administrator and run these two commands:
REG ADD HKLMSYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesRapiMgr /v SvcHostSplitDisable /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /fREG ADD HKLMSYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesWcesComm /v SvcHostSplitDisable /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
After that, reboot your PC and the Windows Mobile device center should work again.
I had to do that for mine and it does fix it. Previously both were in SvcHost. Update broke into separate hosts to "make it easier" to troubleshoot.
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Separate at the reg add
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
