Trimble Business Center — Produce final deliverables in one workspace. Start free trial.

AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all

Carlson 2018

11 Posts
8 Users
0 Reactions
1,205 Views
ANOTHER_TEXAS_SURVEYOR
(@another_texas_surveyor)
Posts: 137
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I just upgraded to Carlson 2018 and now have drawing tabs. I am googling and searching but cannot find a way to disable them. Anyone figure this out yet?

Attached files


 
Posted : September 7, 2017 2:22 pm
theo-d-lite
(@theo-d-lite)
Posts: 11
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Not sure about in Carlson 2018, but in C3D you go to options / Display / and then uncheck the "Display File Tabs" box.

However, the tabs are pretty handy if you ever need to have more than one dwg open at the same time.


 
Posted : September 7, 2017 2:38 pm
billvhill
(@billvhill)
Posts: 399
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I find the tabs handy for switching from one drawing to another. Why would you want to disable them?


 
Posted : September 7, 2017 3:19 pm
hack
 hack
(@hack)
Posts: 275
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

ANOTHER_TEXAS_SURVEYOR, post: 445623, member: 8610 wrote: I just upgraded to Carlson 2018 and now have drawing tabs. I am googling and searching but cannot find a way to disable them. Anyone figure this out yet?

Options-Display-Click off "show file tabs". At least if your running on top of Autocad


 
Posted : September 8, 2017 1:00 pm
ANOTHER_TEXAS_SURVEYOR
(@another_texas_surveyor)
Posts: 137
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

[USER=708]@Hack[/USER], unfortunately I am running I-CAD, so I do not see that option. I always use shift+tab to cycle through the different drawing open. I'll reach out to Carlson now and see if they have an option.


 
Posted : September 12, 2017 6:21 am

a-harris
(@a-harris)
Posts: 8759
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I like that feature.
Have several drawings open at the same time most every day.


 
Posted : September 12, 2017 8:54 am
ANOTHER_TEXAS_SURVEYOR
(@another_texas_surveyor)
Posts: 137
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

If anyone is like me and would like to remove the drawing file tabs, I have instructions from Carlson.

  • please type OPTIONS
  • switch to Display tab
  • click MDI Options... button at the bottom
  • remove a check mark from Enable MDI tabs checkbox

 
Posted : September 12, 2017 9:28 am
va-ls-2867
(@va-ls-2867)
Posts: 525
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Change the MDISTYLE variable, I set it to 64 and they went away


 
Posted : September 12, 2017 10:02 am
stephen-ward
(@stephen-ward)
Posts: 2244
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I just noticed that the oft complained about buttons on the start wizard have been renamed. Previously, they were "Recent" and "Open" now in 2018, they are "Open Recent" and "Browse". I like it much better this way, I've lost count of the times I've gotten it wrong.


 
Posted : September 13, 2017 10:02 pm
hack
 hack
(@hack)
Posts: 275
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Stephen Ward, post: 446667, member: 1206 wrote: I just noticed that the oft complained about buttons on the start wizard have been renamed. Previously, they were "Recent" and "Open" now in 2018, they are "Open Recent" and "Browse". I like it much better this way, I've lost count of the times I've gotten it wrong.

Drove me and everyone else here crazy.


 
Posted : September 14, 2017 9:17 am

toivo1037
(@toivo1037)
Posts: 789
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Loaded 2018 w iCad last night on the home computer to take a look. Seems faster. Tried a new drafting things and seem to work a bit better too. THe 2 things I asked for are in there. The old shift-control dynamic pan/zoom is back. And gradient hatching is there too.


 
Posted : September 14, 2017 9:40 am