Trimble Business Center — Produce final deliverables in one workspace. Start free trial.

AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all

Carlson 2014 County Coordinate Systems

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
1,511 Views
allen-wrench
(@allen-wrench)
Posts: 310
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Two part question. First, how do you change the projection of a drawing back to no projection? In the drawing setup menu, once you pick something (even by accident), there's no way to go back. I can't even un-select State Plane 83, and now I'm stuck with Alabama East (not good for Minnesota work), instead of no projection / no datum.

Second, how do you add county coordinate systems to the list (specifically MN county coordinates)? I don't see it anywhere on the projection settings. Of course, now that I picked State Plane 83, I can't even see other options on that dropdown.

This is Carlson Survey 2014 with AutoCAD.

Thanks.


 
Posted : February 3, 2016 10:50 am
mvanhank222
(@mvanhank222)
Posts: 374
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Settings > drawing settings > projection > more user defined coordinate systems.

You should be able to go back to none in the drawing settings


 
Posted : February 3, 2016 8:35 pm
blitzkriegbob
(@blitzkriegbob)
Posts: 410
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I agree you SHOULD be able to set your projection back to None, but I have also had issues trying to do that ex post facto. I'm assuming your Lat/Long Datum is set to NAD83. If so, change it to WGS84. I've been able to change my projection back to None after doing that. I haven't tried the other datums to see if those work also. This should also make the More User Defined Coordinate Systems available. I've never set up a user defined system so I can't help you there.


 
Posted : February 4, 2016 6:20 am
mvanhank222
(@mvanhank222)
Posts: 374
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

To elaborate now that I am in front of my computer it's settings > drawing setup > change projection tab to more pre defined/user defined then just above and to the right of that tab hit the define projection button > add pre defined > top drop down menu Minnesota should be the 3rd one down


 
Posted : February 4, 2016 9:01 am
allen-wrench
(@allen-wrench)
Posts: 310
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I had to set it to WGS84, and then I could set it to "none".

As for the MN county coordinates, I got that to work also using the tips here, so thanks everyone!


 
Posted : February 8, 2016 8:19 am