AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
allen-wrench
allen-wrench
@allen-wrench
Free
Joined: February 16, 2012 9:03 am
Last seen: August 20, 2026 7:23 am
Topics: 65 / Replies: 245
Reply
RE: Legal identifiers. When is a Tract a tract and a Lot a lot.

Just my two cents: The states I work in have no legally defined distinction. So my rule is: unplatted, metes & bounds, etc. = tract... platted (by...

3 months ago
Topic
Replies: 2
Views: 1533
Topic
Replies: 7
Views: 2757
Reply
RE: BLM/IBLA Case, Re: Center of Section

I'm remembering that drawing from Dykes V. Arnold, but I also remember the details of the Scherbel case. I guess I studied both these cases back in s...

2 years ago
Topic
Replies: 6
Views: 1288
Reply
RE: Another "good" one

I've seen a surveyor who uses this statement: "Basis of bearings is GPS." And his north arrow is the typical cross with an arrow on top, but instead ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Fractional Sections, Triangulated

Thanks everyone for the thoughtful responses. For a bit of context, the entire section in question is basically one big corn field, all farmed by the...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Fractional Sections, Triangulated

After reviewing the manual some more, it seems that the key is whether or not the 1/4 corner in question is "fixed" or not. The manual says that a li...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Fractional Sections, Triangulated

I'll post just this snippet, since I really should know this, and I don't need anyone ID'ing me.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Fractional Sections, Triangulated

I know there's a lot of variables, but for the sake of discussion, let's assume that there is no evidence on the ground, or in any records, of the eas...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Fractional Sections, Triangulated

The GLO originally set MC monuments. I haven't gone out to search for them yet (I will at some point) but I'm going to say there's a 95% chance they ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Fractional Sections, Triangulated

"Before anything I would get the OG and MT plats, see what Imperial entanglements there might be in the section. If there are some I would give the lo...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Fractional Sections, Triangulated

"Is the east – west line ever established by owners actions or some other survey?" No. "Is there any evidence of it in the field?" No. I guess my qu...

2 years ago
Topic
Replies: 26
Views: 2156
Topic
Replies: 12
Views: 1742
Reply
RE: "Railway" vs "Railroad"

Ok, if you'll indulge me, here's a sketch of what I'm talking about. Just out of curiosity, how would you refer to lines A, B, and C in a legal descri...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: "Railway" vs "Railroad"

In areas where it hasn't been sold, and you're just following their original r/w, the r/w line is just referred to as the r/w line. When they sell - ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: "Railway" vs "Railroad"

After reviewing recorded documents where their name appears, it seems they use "BNSF Railway Company", so that's probably how it should be on legal de...

2 years ago
Topic
Replies: 11
Views: 972
Page 1 / 16