AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
WarrenWard
WarrenWard
@warrenward
Free
Joined: January 17, 2014 11:05 am
Topics: 56 / Replies: 400
Reply
RE: Continuing education

Colorado has no CE mostly because the DORA aggressively opposes it, and always has.(no complaints have been filed by landowners, so therefore all surv...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Trying to decide what to do

Another thing to consider is that builders usually require licensed surveyors to at least own the company they hire. (Builders can't sue technicians )...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Trying to decide what to do

Knowing what I know today, I would stick with boundary until you got a license if thats what you want. A technician is a valuable and solid career. af...

5 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 888
Reply
RE: Boundary Law Cases

CAMB v Morales CO 2005. The court ruled that in a 1980 subdivision of 10 five acre tracts with all original monuments found in good position except t...

5 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 436
Reply
RE: Questions I get asked as a land surveyor

I have 2 favorites: In2009, the "four corners" story about being "off" came out and was reported in numerous papers including Colorado. I was standin...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Section Breakdown Calculation Program ?

I have a colleague, he knows who he is, who says over and over that he "hates pincushions, and doesn't set them". Yet, he sets pincushions at EVERY SI...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: GLONASS, GNSS, Ukraine

@nate-the-surveyor one difference I'm seeing with vietnam, is the south Vietnamese were willing to fight, but their government was corrupt and squande...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Homework Assignment

I totally agree that case law has established that a monument set for the same property corner as described in a deed does not have to be called for. ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Homework Assignment

Case law decrees that a monument called for in a deed prevails over conflicting distance and bearing.?ÿ The science of measurement teaches us that a ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: GLONASS, GNSS, Ukraine

I worked today on a site that was about 10 above and windy. I just knew that I couldn't use glonass but it was there. Plan B Would have been so slow a...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: So you found a monument 0.XX' from where you calculated it...

@holy-cow just last month I was setting 2 front corners standing in the right of way when the neighbor lady came out with one leg, crutching around, s...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: So you found a monument 0.XX' from where you calculated it...

Usually I am holding all the monuments and report my measurements to the caps. I would be overjoyed to FIND a monument. A monuments right of way does ...

5 years ago
Page 1 / 23