AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
WA-ID Surveyor
WA-ID Surveyor
@wa-id-surveyor
Member
Joined: March 16, 2012 1:47 pm
Last seen: October 2, 2026 7:40 am
Topics: 14 / Replies: 991
Reply
RE: House staking fee schedule

Can't recall ever staking House corners, but have staked many commercial buildings. Building staking is high risk low reward which = high cost. $200...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: How Far Back do you go?

Curious, Do they have Title Reports in your state? We typically will not survey any piece of property without a title report from a title company. Th...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Home cost and % fee

WOW! I sure am appreciative that they don't have that type of 'survey' in the states I work. How can it even be called a survey? More like a drive b...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: description for an easement

> I would write the description, but I NEVER write the cover document with the grantor, grantee, consideration, etc. That's a job for the attorneys...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: What's your survey tech level

Leveling Total station - we have one but never use it Robotic total station - daily use Gps static - seldom used, maybe once a month Gps rtk - daily...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: CONSTRUCTION STAKE-OUT REGULATIONS

Nice! Would be nice if the rest of the States followed.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Davis Bacon Wages

I am not speaking from any recent WA experennce here, but aren't professional surveyors exempt from this? After all we are professionals surveyors not...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Fun with right-of-way plans

> Surveyors seldom set R/W markers, thats a contractor thing. > > BruceWhile this was true in the past in Idaho, this is no longer the case ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: I'm going to lob a bombshell for discussion

> I had a fence contractor pull out several section corners around a major lake when the Game & Parks Commission hired him to put in a new fenc...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: I'm going to lob a bombshell for discussion

> > If we're only to lock down the plat geometry and set another monument where that math says one should be, ignoring all other evidence (use, ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: I'm going to lob a bombshell for discussion

It depends....as most every survey does on the situation. If the subdivision was recently completed and no houses or improvements other than roadway ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: What Next?

> Fences that have been accepted for at least 70 years enclose a parcel that has a deed calling for a 13 x 11 rod rectangle. The fences support tha...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: How to monument fence corners

While admittedly I have not read every single response, I agree with the setting of witness corners as a suitable method. With that said, it really co...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Destruction of Street Monuments

I am not sure which state you are in but around here whoever destroyed the monuments is responsible for replacing them. Perhaps a call to the utilty ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Lowballers

Whenever I get asked for a 'bid' on a subdivision I save my client and myself alot of time and direct them to the most reputable lowest cost surveyor ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: "Apropriate Scale"

Personally I see scales on surveys or plats as being more and more obsolete in this day and age. 95% of the survey copies we obtain in Idaho or in Wa...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: better or worse? 2012 vs 2011

Better by at least 25%. While I have no hard #s to back this up I know we are much busier this year and have been since it hit 2012.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: 19.54' mis-close on plat.

Do the laws in your state say that you have to report known issues (such as closure accuracy) pertaining to code? Around here they do. Simply call t...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3D Drawing transfer

We use both LDD and Civil3d. You will be $ and time ahead if you never save back to an LDD version. Too many behind the scenes things can go wrong. ...

14 years ago
Page 50 / 51