AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
WA-ID Surveyor
WA-ID Surveyor
@wa-id-surveyor
Member
Joined: March 16, 2012 1:47 pm
Last seen: October 2, 2026 7:40 am
Topics: 14 / Replies: 991
Reply
RE: Plat review

> I submitted a simple plat for recording that was a small section of a larger approved master plan. The submittal is being reviewed by several age...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Electronic Files

> In this case the surveyor from the engineering company that prepared the plans cannot bid on the staking (conflict of interest).It’s not really a...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Electronic Files

The root of the problem lies with the contract between the Engineering company and the municipality that hired them to do the work. The municipality r...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Should I pull his corners?

Pull the interior since they are no longer valid. Keep his on the exterior if the fall within your acceptable tolerance. Just note the unrecorded ci...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: pre-construction EC

> How did you establish the BFE? It requires a hydraulic/hydrologic analysis regardless of what anyone else tells you. Many don't understand that, ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Do you worry about brg directions

Bearings> So how many of you guys go counter clockwise with your bearings? I always go clockwise and write legals the same.Clockwise always! And ne...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: What kind of description?

> Thanks> > The County GIS expert says its not a metes and bounds, its aliquot. Sounds like he has support here so I won't press the issue al...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: What kind of description?

> The north 280 ft of the east 300 ft. of ......whatever. > > I have understood this type of description to be a type of metes and bounds or ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Accept or reject?

WA-ID> Any comments on this BLM stated policy?> > > > KeithWhile I appreciate the re-education of previously posted material and inform...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Accept or reject?

WA-ID> > ...I did a quick search of the 200 surveys I recently printed out for project I am working on and out of the first 50 I checked there w...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Accept or reject?

WA-ID> No survey is valid unless done at the time of sale of the property?> > Ya right!I never stated that, so please don't put words (or tex...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Accept or reject?

WA-IDUsing your logic as long as a surveyor set pins based on the intent of a deed no matter whose property lines they cross and no matter how bad the...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Accept or reject?

A picture of PLSSia as it really existsThey aren't straight they are based on the ORIGNAL surveys. What did they do when they abutted an existing hom...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Accept or reject?

> Where is the headache in recognizing reality?> > Even if the rebars were set 20 years after the original conveyance but they were used from...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Accept or reject?

> > > There are aliqout corners at each end of the straight line with corner records. The box is described from the west corner. The descript...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Not the best way to set a corner

Due to a mis-set monument case in a new city street project I had to chisel an 'X' and my pls # on the interior ledge of the monument lid. By the tim...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Ethical?

> I get a call from a potential client. He said he had a falling out with another surveyor (he claims the other surveyor was paid in full for work...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Compatibility

'Save as' from any version of Civil3d is virtually worthless unless your drawing only contains lines and arcs. Once we move our drawings 'up' to our ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Is there anywhere to go anymore?

> Gis just makes our lives miserably. I'm tired of neighbors saying the GIS said. It's a great tool for utilities, but useless to boundaries (real ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Moving another surveyor's pin??

Never move another surveyor's pin. I ran into once instance where I moved (removed) another surveyor's monument. We were searching for property corn...

14 years ago
Page 49 / 51