AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
WA-ID Surveyor
WA-ID Surveyor
@wa-id-surveyor
Member
Joined: March 16, 2012 1:47 pm
Last seen: October 1, 2026 7:06 am
Topics: 14 / Replies: 991
Reply
RE: Opinions please on Licensed Land Surveyors in construction.

I am a strong proponent of monument preservation as all surveyors should be. With that said here in Idaho there has been a lot of progress in the pas...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Electronic files

> I wrote a description for an easement and drafted an exhibit for a public trail through my client's (not the town) property.> > The town pa...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: ROW Mon Symbol

The standard is whatever standard you are conforming to.If it's not predefined then use your own in house standard. I'm not too picky about symbols.....

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Microstation 7

Microstation> What you describe actually saves big companies money. You pay seat license fees based on peak quarterly usage. So if you normally run...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Holding a point and applying SF to project

> "friends don't let friends not truncate."> > Amen Brother !I've worked on close to 100 DOT projects in WA and ID and have never once seen o...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Ever had a *** realtor to do this?

> > I go that one a step better. My standard answer is: "Sure, I'd be glad to discuss this with your client. Have them give me a call and we can...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Data Collector Ranger vs FC2600 vs Carlson Surveyor Plus

We use the Carlson Surveyor + with SurvCE and have had zero issues. My crews have had zero complaints. It's stable and does everything we need it to ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson SurvCE 4.0 (Anyone used this?)

We just upgraded...literally today. The upgrades didn't look to exciting but we got it for free. Will keep you posted.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: C3D Point Groups snag

> While some consider points on individual layers an outdated concept I find it very useful even today. Point groups I use for control and DTM proc...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: C3D Point Groups snag

No clue, I just tried this in 3 different drawings with no issues. You must have an 'include all points' selected or some other toggle in the point g...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Our peers will never learn

If I am reconstructing an alignment I will always use a tangent curve (unless specified otherwise) using the delta and radius. If chord bearing and d...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Post your CAD Software/Cogo Program

I cringe at the thought of trying to use Microstation as a drafting tool for things such as plats or records of survey. The interface is horrible, al...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Post your CAD Software/Cogo Program

Civil3d 2013 with no problems at all. Will be installing 2015 any day now.TBC Microstation V8i SS3 and only because DOTs require it. I hate this prog...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson Survey and Civil3D

Once we migrated to Civil3d we stopped importing fieldbooks. It seems like they are being phased out of efficient use within Civil3d. Once we figured...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Is an easement valid if it can't be located?

> "The mere lack of ability to locate the easement on the ground does not mean there is no easement, it just means you cannot locate it."> > ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Is an easement valid if it can't be located?

I'm with Paden on this one. The mere lack of ability to locate the easement on the ground does not mean there is no easement, it just means you cannot...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC challenge to C3D

All C3d needs is a csv or txt file when setup correctly. It doesn't care where it came from, TBC, TGO, .raw .rw5, etc..... Shouldn't be difficult at a...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: To pull, or not to pull

I never pull a monument of unknown lorigin and I would never pull another monument of record without first getting written authorization from the surv...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: field work-hourly rate versus lump sum (or fixed fee)

I prefer LS with a detailed scope of services. However, there are many situations such as construction or development type work where that is not pra...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Linetype scale woes

Try what unnamed surveyor said and also check your msltscale. if your working solely in model space this should be set to 1. My guess is, is that it...

12 years ago
Page 39 / 51