AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
WA-ID Surveyor
WA-ID Surveyor
@wa-id-surveyor
Member
Joined: March 16, 2012 1:47 pm
Last seen: October 1, 2026 7:06 am
Topics: 14 / Replies: 991
Reply
RE: Work hours and answering phone

Not arguing here..becuase I can understand your position. But you can't blame his failure to act on your failure to execute a properly scoped contrac...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Work hours and answering phone

I think we can sum this up with a few short words 'failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part'. This is one of the ma...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Work hours and answering phone

Interesting thread. I've been around a while and unless otherwise specified and agreed to(translates to 'compensated in accordance for intererupting ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Paden's Ongoing Resistance to Title Companies and Their Wholesale Insanity

My area must be the exception to the rule: Title companies never hire surveyors around here because we aren't needed for property sales. I deal wit...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil3D text editing question

Scott Ellis, post: 336912, member: 7154 wrote: Do you use the panel button icons? I use them and when I double click on text it gives me alot of optio...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Learn how to use CAD!!!

Randy Rain, post: 335957, member: 35 wrote: I truly feel your pain Dan, my personal solution to this conundrum is to take the provided engineering fil...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Who works in "review" states ?

WA and ID each require plats to be reviewed. Plats in WA and ID involve creating new parcels of land (apparently in other states this is not the case...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Top 2 annoyances today

Tommy Young, post: 335172, member: 703 wrote: It seems like the default is to have everthing highlighted when the cursor is over it. I can't take it....

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Would you...

Check your state code and make the responsible party take care of this. Most states require you to make the surveyor aware of the apparent discrepanc...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Oregon PLS Test

John1Minor2, post: 331323, member: 404 wrote: In addition to all the good advice above, I would add that you have a good grasp of Geodetic concepts. T...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: FEMA AE floodline

Adam, post: 330207, member: 8900 wrote: I just got a request from an engineer working on a site that I provided topographic survey of. "Additionally, ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor X

Is it against state regulations to destroy monuments? If so, your first call or action should be to the State DOT and/or board. Around here that woul...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Centerline Road Monuments Not Recorded

rlshound, post: 324722, member: 6800 wrote: He set centerline road monuments but never included them on the recorded plat. Any advice would be apprec...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Court Prep hourly rates

We have a court rate which is 2.5 times my normal rate. Have never had to use it though....and hopefully that trend will continue.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK and Relative Accuracy

If your monuments are original, they hold, regardless of methods used to set them or future measurements. I'm not offended by finding differences in ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: scaling coordinates question

> Compute a DAF, scale all the coordinates around 0,0, don't truncate, it's how all the DOT's I work with do it, it works fine, just keep records. ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC update?

There is an update to TBC at least twice a month if not more it seems.....been like that for as long as I can remember. Some take a verrrrry long tim...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: C3D annoying snap setting?

You must have some setting turned on that we're not aware of. I never use the out of the box labels like the one in your post....having said that I l...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors that don't record

I agree with what PPM said. While you haven't identified your state there is a good chance you would be in violation of State Code (XXXXXX) by not co...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: C3D annoying snap setting?

The setting was just pointed out...what other setting do you need. Osnap on or Osnap off, those are the options.

11 years ago
Page 36 / 51