AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
WA-ID Surveyor
WA-ID Surveyor
@wa-id-surveyor
Member
Joined: March 16, 2012 1:47 pm
Last seen: October 1, 2026 7:06 am
Topics: 14 / Replies: 991
Reply
RE: Railroad Property Line Marking

> I got a contract to map all the improvements inside the railroad fee ownership line. They we adamant that no corners would be set or a survey rec...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Satisfying Clients and Beyond

> > > 1) Do we have a responsibility to provide this at no cost to the utility company? Absolutely not, you do not have a responsibility ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Non tangent curves

> Sadly, yes, because too many surveyors don't step back and ask themselves, could anyone close this lot? The worst I've ever seen was three non-ta...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Have you ever seen a station equation in a bearing?

They are all to common in old ITD right of way plans. When I first encountered them years ago I was baffled by them, not so much anymore. Typically it...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Signing & Certifying Your Surveys

> I direct them to the County Recorder where they can obtain a copy for $5.00.Or better yet, depending on what County and State I am working in, I ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: what do you do?

What do you do? Move to a recording state!

12 years ago
Reply
RE: I hate this (local government)

Yes, wow, that is way too cheap. We typically charge more than that just for the survey. Obviously you know what your up against and that's half the...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Closure report

That's the type of closure reporting I spent 10+ years doing in the 90s early 2000s before I figured out how to get everything in-sync and automated f...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Closure report

Once you reach the end of your centerline simply reference the brg and dist to the POB. I have had this occur multiple times due to bureaucratic revi...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Talk to me Construction Layout Guys (Florida)

Certainly not from Florida but in the last two years 80% of our curb stakes have been set with GPS with 0 problems. The other 20% was conventional st...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: C3D - point to point inverse

> I have a drawing on C3D. I want to compare two sets of measurements.> Is there an easy way I can get the inverse dist and bearing from the dra...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: C3D

> Thanks, but my real concern is whether it will process/adjust using combined factors and Geoid's.It's best to do all that before bringing it into...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors are grossly over committed.

> Well, I have no idea how or why anyone would do that much work for $800. edit... unless I misread that and you meant you "made 800" not billed ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary Maintenance

> Having a code is only a portion of the solution. All the laws in the world are not enough to do anything without the want to or the power to do i...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary Maintenance

I find it unfathomable that there isn't a Texas State code about destroying survey monuments. Here in ID and WA there is. Granted, up until the last...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: PLSGE and Google Eart Pro

GE and GE PRO together with PLSGE have worked just fine on my end for many years.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: OLD ALTA: TO GIVE OR NOT TO GIVE?

That's an easy one. NO. It's not her survey.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Google Earth Pro now available for free

PLSGE??Its always worked for me and continues to work with Pro.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: You need your own anal reviewer in-house

> This is a challenge for those of us that work alone.> > For every survey that is to be recorded, I write the legal description from the dra...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: You need your own anal reviewer in-house

> Norman commented below about anal reviewers. The best way to stop worrying about such people is to ensure you have someone on staff who is even ...

12 years ago
Page 37 / 51